Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Astral projection
Hi everyone! I am wondering if any of you have experienced astral projection and, if so, was it as scary as it seems when it first starts to happen? I lucid dream a lot, and actually enjoy that, but when I feel my soul start to lift or sink (hard to describe to feeling) out of my body I freak out and make myself wake up. This doesn't happen nearly as often as lucid dreaming, but I was wondering what would happen if I gave in to this feeling. If you have any advice would you please share it? It would be neat to try astral projection if it is safe. Thanks!
I was the same way at one time and it made me feel so not in control. For me it feels like there is a giant magnet under my bed and my body is being held down. So I had a little talk with the Universe and said "there has to be a better way". So now when I get that magnet feeling, I see a very bright white light and suddenly I am enveloped in the light. The light is very soothing to my nerves.

(12-28-2015, 10:47 PM)Redtailhawk1 Wrote: Hi everyone! I am wondering if any of you have experienced astral projection and, if so, was it as scary as it seems when it first starts to happen? I lucid dream a lot, and actually enjoy that, but when I feel my soul start to lift or sink (hard to describe to feeling) out of my body I freak out and make myself wake up. This doesn't happen nearly as often as lucid dreaming, but I was wondering what would happen if I gave in to this feeling. If you have any advice would you please share it? It would be neat to try astral projection if it is safe. Thanks!
Thanks, Redtailhawk! I moved this thread to the Metaphysics section because this should be a rather lengthy, non-dream discussion. Also, don't forget that astral projection and out of body experiences all fall under the bigger umbrella of "Exceptional Human Experiences." For those who want to describe their astral projections can detail their experiences at the following forum: http://nationaldreamcenter.com/forum18/F...xperiences
I've also made many attempts, and never made that final move. For me I start to feel like I'm rocking in a hammock, but inside my body. Back and forth, it goes quicker and quicker, and I almost get a feeling like I'm hitting the outside of my body. Then the buzzing starts in my ears, and I feel like my whole body is buzzing along with it .....and then it subsides. I'm probably also freaking out subconsciously, because I've never moved on past that part.

Any words of advice from seasoned travelers would be most welcome!
Thanks Eagle 1 for moving the comment to the correct section. Julie I will try the trick you mentioned...that does sound less jarring. Golden girl it is nice to know others have had the same experience I have so thank you for sharing.
(12-28-2015, 10:47 PM)Redtailhawk1 Wrote: Hi everyone! I am wondering if any of you have experienced astral projection and, if so, was it as scary as it seems when it first starts to happen? I lucid dream a lot, and actually enjoy that, but when I feel my soul start to lift or sink (hard to describe to feeling) out of my body I freak out and make myself wake up. This doesn't happen nearly as often as lucid dreaming, but I was wondering what would happen if I gave in to this feeling. If you have any advice would you please share it? It would be neat to try astral projection if it is safe. Thanks!

Yep, experienced astral projection-I call it "going walkies"-and nope, it's not scary to me. I think it's kind of fun. Never know where I'm going to end up. It may take some getting used to the feeling of being somewhere or somewhen else while still feeling your physical body wherever it is.

One thing to remember is that you always have backup in your guides/team(I prefer calling those beings/energies which work with me my "team" because that infers we work together as opposed to them guiding me along). All you ever have to do is yell for help if it gets too overwhelming.

I probably have more but my mind is fried tonight. Big Grin
Thanks DLP! I've never made it past the "I'm ready, I'm gonna do it, yup, I'm gonna do it...oh crap. Not gonna do it tonight..."

Any words of advice on how to separate calmly (hahaha) and cleanly?
(01-04-2016, 06:06 PM)Goldengirl Wrote: Thanks DLP! I've never made it past the "I'm ready, I'm gonna do it, yup, I'm gonna do it...oh crap. Not gonna do it tonight..."

Any words of advice on how to separate calmly (hahaha) and cleanly?

Part of my training was learning how to disconnect a person's energetic body from the physical body, as part of a death rite. We learned to do this by working on each other. Most of the people tended to float around inside the room, watching what went on, but others zipped out into the univers(That was me. I never hung around). I asked one of my teachers if she had ever had someone not come back. She gave me a stern look and informed me that not coming back wasn't an option(She also added that if she had to come after me and drag me back, she wouldn't be very happy with me. She was a formidable woman so I made damned sure I came back. Big Grin ).

I think part of the fear people have of traveling is that they won't be able to get back to their body. That maybe they'll get lost and not be able to figure out how to get back. Understand that when you travel, you're still attached to your body by an energetic cord(I see mine as a silver cord) and that cord will remain attached until the time comes for you to leave the body behind permanently(AKA: "Die"). Also understand that it's fear that's keeping you glued into your body. Work with that. Sit with it and see what it has to teach you. Talk about it with your team(Even if you can't hear them, they can hear you). When you're ready to try, ask them to help you and to stay with you the whole time. Seriously, they won't lose you. And have the confidence that you WILL make it back because anything else isn't an option. Then go visit the black hole at the center of the universe. That's always a cool sight. Or the moon. The view of Earth from the moon is awesome.

It's hard for me to describe how to do this. For me, it just comes naturally and I do it without even thinking most of the time. I think part of it has to do with I know I will always come back to my body. If something were to happen, I know I can yell for help from my team and they'll help me get home(along with stern lectures about being more cautious in the future. Big Grin) .

Beyond that, I really have nuttin'. Sorry.
Thanks DLP, actually these are very good thoughts and advice. I don't think that I'm completely fearful, in that I'm not worried about not coming back, strangely enough. Maybe it's excitement at the prospect, and in a way, fear that it's real that's holding me back. Because frankly, it's a game changer, isn't it?!!!

I appreciate your thoughts about the team. My team is probably wishing I wouldn't babble so much and get down to brass tacks and just do it! Hahahaha!!!!

The passing of 2015 has led me to a lot of reflection. Time to quit talking and do the things for myself that I spout about so much. Big Grin
Quote:My team is probably wishing I wouldn't babble so much and get down to brass tacks and just do it! Hahahaha!!!!

Oh, if they're thinking it, they would say it, if they felt it necessary to do so(In my case, I can almost hear one of my teachers saying, "Child, you may discuss this until the end of your linear time but it is in the doing that you learn so I strongly suggest you begin doing immediately." Sometimes they're anything but subtle. Big Grin )

Yes, this is real and it is a game changer when you realize the potential of such travel. So I'm going to offer a couple caveats:

1) There are dark places out there, filled with energies and beings you don't want to meet. Don't go looking for them and listen to your team if they tell you you don't want to go somewhere. And if you do get guided to go to one of those places, lock and load as best you can. Don't go in by yourself. Take your team, your angels, heck whoever might be available. Strength in numbers, after all, and you can rest assured your team will keep you safe.

2) Don't abuse this ability. It's easy to be lured into violating people's lives without them ever knowing it's happening. When you do that, you start down a slippery slope where you begin to take more and more freedom with where you go and what you do. You could trespass into dreams and change/affect people, for example, which would be a massive violation of their free will. And every time you do such a thing, you stray a little farther into the darkness. Always, always, always set your intention that whatever you do and wherever you go will be for the best and highest good for the planet and all who reside on her and for your best and highest good.

Keep those in mind and go out there. See what you can see. Join in with those working to hold the energy grid around the planet together. They can always use a hand. Jaunt to the moon. Heck, visit the bottom of the ocean. It's quiet down there and a great place to meditate. You're only limited by your imagination.

Maybe our paths will cross sometime as we're out and about. It's possible so who knows?
Big Grin
Thanks DLP! Been traveling in the normal way, been sick, BUT this is definitely on my to do list when I have the space and strength. And I hope we do cross paths! Big Grin