Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Business as usual
A TV newsroom at a station in a big city. Got a feel of S. CA. A reporter gets a tip that something big is about to go down. Discusses the tip with her boss. He asks if she thinks the tip is genuine. She says yes, that the source knows about such things and she trusts him. The boss tells her to do some research, to find out more information. He also assigns some other reporters to help her.

The scene shifts, as if time has passed. There's a meeting in the boss' office. All the reporters are frustrated, they say they're being stonewalled in every direction. That it's like there's a purposeful wall of silence by those who should know about what's going on and no one is talking, not even to say no comment. Boss man tells them to keep at it and he decides to get involved. He makes some phone calls, talks to some of his sources and gets the same thing, that there's a wall of silence.

Another shift. Boss man enters his office and there are two men in suits sitting in his office. They don't identify themselves and they warn boss man to drop this investigation. That his people are nosing around places they shouldn't, places that could be dangerous for them. Boss man says he disagrees, that he thinks it's important that people know what's going on. The men tell him that the decision was made to keep quiet so the people wouldn't panic. They say it would be smart if boss man and his people just let it drop. Boss man digests this and tells the men no problem, he'll pull his people. They leave. Boss man calls his people in, tells them what just happened. Discussion ensues. The decision to pull back is made but boss man tells them to keep their ears open and report if they hear anything.

Another jump and this time I'm in the dream with the boss man. I'm driving an old Jeep that's loaded with supplies, equipment, and a couple unhappy cats in kennels(which struck me as funny). Boss man is talking while I drive, telling me that the original tipster contacted them and told them to go ASAP, that it was coming. He tells me how they did up a recorded message to go out over the airwaves, telling viewers to prepare to evacuate or hunker down as best they could. The message would go out after they were all gone so the men in suits couldn't stop them. I've got the Jeep in 4WD and we're making our way across a field, staying off main roads as much as possible. We crest a ridge and I slam the Jeep to a stop. Below us is a beehive of activity, with a line of military and civilian vehicles entering an opening into the base of a hill. Some of the civilian vehicles are limousines and somehow I know the passengers are politicians and various VIPs, that they're heading into an underground bunker. I shove the Jeep into reverse and back off the ridge, praying we haven't been seen.