Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Earthquake Causes Office Building Collapse
I drove into the outskirts of the downtown area to meet up with some people. Sunny mild day. Once I arrived I was chatting outside with friends, and I looked towards the tall buildings downtown (not quite skyscrapers, but 28-30 stories high).  People were talking about the earthquake but I had not felt it and I assumed it happened while I was driving.  As I looked again downtown, I could see the 28 story building begin to tilt, and ever so slowly fall to the north and collapse.  As I watched I saw another shorter building collapse as well.  I observed this in a very detached, impassive manner.  I did not see people downtown, which makes me think this occurred on a weekend or holiday.  I texted to a friend who was familiar with the area, telling her about the building collapse.  We had been in the building previously and observed cracks in the foundation, which we pointed out to building management. I believed these cracks significantly weakened the building and that is why it collapsed while most others remained standing.

While I was texting someone mentioned that Disney World sustained damage as well (over 900 miles away). Not clear if that was also due to the same earthquake, or was storm related.

When I woke up from this dream, I felt the time might be important, it was 3:44 a.m.  344 days from now is Thursday, August 17, 2017.  Saturday, December 10 is the 344th day of this year.

The location in the dream was southwestern Ohio, not really an earthquake area.  The company that owned the building many years ago is now headquartered in Richmond, Virginia (over 700 miles from Disney but due north).
Iris, did you research the distance from the building to Disney or was it mentioned in a dream? The reason I ask is I wonder if this might be California and a Disneyland reference instead. Perhaps the building you knew was used as a metaphor for poorly built structures, not the location. If it is related to the location, we all know earthquakes can occur across the country so anything is possible.
Thanks, TB9. I googled the distance, the miles were not mentioned in the dream. And yes, seems more suggestive of a poorly built building somewhere rather than Ohio. Good points!
If you put in driving directions for New Madrid to Orlando, it comes up with 910 miles. To Southwest Ohio (presumably Cincinnati) an earthquake that could damage Disneworld would only be 390 miles and presumably have the ability to cause damage to already suspect buildings.

You have a building falling North. And you came up with 17/17. Makes me wonder if there are other 17 and north references. http://nationaldreamcenter.com/forum18/T...gaquake-be
(09-08-2016, 12:50 AM)MTB_forums Wrote: If you put in driving directions for New Madrid to Orlando, it comes up with 910 miles.  To Southwest Ohio (presumably Cincinnati) an earthquake that could damage Disneworld would only be 390 miles and presumably have the ability to cause damage to already suspect buildings.

You have a building falling North.  And you came up with 17/17.  Makes me wonder if there are other 17 and north references.  http://nationaldreamcenter.com/forum18/T...gaquake-be

Good point on the 17/17 reference, I had not caught that
Japan earthquake and building collapse:
http://jakartaglobe.beritasatu.com/asia-...or-damage/
Iris, is it possible that Disney World could have sustained damage in another way, like a catastrophic water event, but perhaps tied in to the earthquake?

Here is a link to an interesting article mainly involving the New Madrid, but also referencing a very active fault line in South Carolina (of which I was unaware).

https://marthapeveto.org/2013/03/29/new-...l-it-snap/

It also included this interesting map (I've heard of it but have never actually seen it) of supposedly the US Navy projecting future coastlines. Florida is no more....DLP, water, water everywhere and not a drop to drink.