Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Epiphany
Not sure how to start this out - but here goes. Nanny, Aletalete and IslandHippyMama and I have been discussing getting well after being sick, dreaming and remembering your dreams. I've been sick for a few weeks, and not remembering my dreams, etc. Nanny reposted the links to Eagle's article on remembering your dreams, and a compilation of tips as well. It occurred to me that I haven't been honest with myself on a number of issues, the most basic being to get enough sleep. I have also done a lot of talking about moving through the grieving process of my mom dying, but not much actual doing.

So, as a first action item, I went to bed early. Had a dream about my mom. I can't really tell anyone what it was about, but it was HER, and I woke up with about 500 lbs of BOOYAH inside of me! She used to really appreciate my spunkiness, which has not been much in evidence as of late. I would say that the lack of sleep and stress has contributed greatly to my not being able to fight off the virus I've got as well.

But here's the thing - while I am still sick, I am also filled with hope that I can take charge and get back on track. First thing - be honest about sleeping and recording. We can chat all day about snippets, but in order to get through any of this, you MUST DO THE WORK. Honor the tenets that Eagle set forth for great dreaming.

And honor your journey through life. We are all drawn here for a reason, so if you're a new member, please consider joining in and contributing. We all bring different perspectives, but everyone is honored here. Not long ago I was just a small little ol' dreamer who took the plunge and decided to join in Project September. The NDC needs dreamers, but also bot run interpreters, researchers for the news that fits, and thoughts about how this all works. Now I like to think that I'm one of the NDC's best cheerleaders. BOOYAH!!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Goldgen Girl, you are awesome and a fabulous member here at the NDC. I am happy you had a good night sleep and contact with your mom. I also hope your health continues to make steps to improve. Take LOTS of vitamin D. Big Grin
Your words here are wonderful. I remember the few months I lurked before joining and becoming active this time last year. I concur, if someone is lurking, consider joining. We don't bite and I think you will find that many of our active posters are open and welcoming.Thank you for this post and all of your contributions GG .
No, thank you Twice! It's all the folks like you that make this site the best! I can't imagine you lurking, but I did too, for a loooong time! Hahaha!

For all the newbies out there, Twice is a bot run interpreter and researcher Extraordinaire! (And a former lurker, apparently!!)

Thanks for all you do Twice, and everyone who takes that jump and contributes. And thanks Eagle, for continuing to run the bot every day. BIG shout-out to you!!!
Aww
Goldengirl! you got a gift of a dream, rewarding you for honoring the sleep thing. VERY cool and sweet.

Yes, amen to say the least about your closing paragraph, inviting all lurkers to jump in and participate, feeling welcome. This NDC doesn't play the games so many other forums do, where newbies are subtly expected to tiptoe in, wait for some of the oldsters to accept them as if giving them permission to fully participate. No "forum turf games" like so many websites have.

This NDC is not cuz I like the term but is a "Grand Experiment" with a number of angles, and it ceases to operate without a lot of minds and souls sharing dreams, what they see in others' dreams, headlines, current events, oh I'll hush. We are blessed with each new contributor and we fail without a membership that's doing so.

Oh goodness, the being faithful to the Dream Tips, well ya got me there, crashed after midnight and today's flying by, likely will tomorrow, BUT...

Yes M'am, if I wish to remember my dreams and contribute them here at all, I have got to get on a schedule.

Your actions past few days have proven it can really work.

Twiceblessed, Yes on the lurking. I, too read a few months, even having a rare, prophetic dream about Russia and I think Iran, and I contributed it under one of Eagle1's blog entries, and bless his heart he posted it there. Then, more lurking till I finally jumped-in.

I felt that this had only gifted and really rare, important souls posting and I wasn't one of them, no way.

LURKERS, don't feel that! No, what NDC does is some folks join and then become gifted in a way they weren't or did not know they were. REALLY does, and I've seen it happen. Maybe some of our gifts don't come till the need is present.
Please if you're reading and not posting, consider jumping right in on any and all public threads here.
This place is so much fun, finding the results and/or saying a hunch and then finding out shockingly that it was on-target, you'll be amazed at others, yourself and this experiment.
Yes Nanny, you are so spot on about the atmosphere here! And about the gifts coming when the need is present? Yup!!!! Makes you feel as if all is unfolding as it should!

(I'm a nightowl too, so I hope I can walk the walk.....)
Ah, That is very kind, thank you Golden GIrl.

(01-22-2016, 12:02 PM)Goldengirl Wrote: No, thank you Twice! It's all the folks like you that make this site the best! I can't imagine you lurking, but I did too, for a loooong time! Hahaha!

For all the newbies out there, Twice is a bot run interpreter and researcher Extraordinaire! (And a former lurker, apparently!!)

Thanks for all you do Twice, and everyone who takes that jump and contributes. And thanks Eagle, for continuing to run the bot every day. BIG shout-out to you!!!
Goldengirl, yes! What is that old cliche, "when the student is ready the teacher will come?" or if that backwards? Big Grin Heck I can't recall, but vaguely remember it. True about the need, also.
(01-22-2016, 10:00 AM)Goldengirl Wrote: Not sure how to start this out - but here goes. Nanny, Aletalete and IslandHippyMama and I have been discussing getting well after being sick, dreaming and remembering your dreams. I've been sick for a few weeks, and not remembering my dreams, etc. Nanny reposted the links to Eagle's article on remembering your dreams, and a compilation of tips as well. It occurred to me that I haven't been honest with myself on a number of issues, the most basic being to get enough sleep. I have also done a lot of talking about moving through the grieving process of my mom dying, but not much actual doing.

So, as a first action item, I went to bed early. Had a dream about my mom. I can't really tell anyone what it was about, but it was HER, and I woke up with about 500 lbs of BOOYAH inside of me! She used to really appreciate my spunkiness, which has not been much in evidence as of late. I would say that the lack of sleep and stress has contributed greatly to my not being able to fight off the virus I've got as well.

But here's the thing - while I am still sick, I am also filled with hope that I can take charge and get back on track. First thing - be honest about sleeping and recording. We can chat all day about snippets, but in order to get through any of this, you MUST DO THE WORK. Honor the tenets that Eagle set forth for great dreaming.

And honor your journey through life. We are all drawn here for a reason, so if you're a new member, please consider joining in and contributing. We all bring different perspectives, but everyone is honored here. Not long ago I was just a small little ol' dreamer who took the plunge and decided to join in Project September. The NDC needs dreamers, but also bot run interpreters, researchers for the news that fits, and thoughts about how this all works. Now I like to think that I'm one of the NDC's best cheerleaders. BOOYAH!!!!!  Big Grin  Big Grin  Big Grin

Yeah, one of aspects of stepping into your power that doesn't get mentioned(much) is the need to do your own work. We're all walking wounded and we have to work on healing those wounds so we aren't filtering the information we get through our own crap. It's one of the hardest aspects of the journey because it can be damned grueling but it is also the most rewarding because it allows us to move forward along our paths.

As for my role here, I am a messenger. I go where I'm needed and pass along messages in all their forms. It makes for interesting times. Big Grin
Thanks DLP! I am honored to be walking this path with you.

And yesterday afternoon, after coming thru my second round of steroids, I started getting a sore throat. Seems one of the side effects of making you strong is you are vulnerable to additional illness at the same time. Seems to me this is a personal metaphor as well, as this year I feel I'm being tempered somehow. For what, who knows?! I'm just glad to be surrounded by dreamers, thinkers and messengers for the ride!
Steroids depress your immune system, making you more prone to getting sick. Taking steroids is sort of a catch-22 situation in that they do have their uses but they also can make things worse because of their side effects. It's often a case of weighing benefits vs. risks.

For example, I'm allergic to Vancomycin but it was the only antibiotic that was effective for certain infections I developed when I was sick. Risks vs. benefits weighed and the infections were more life threatening if allowed to continue so I got the Vanc and steps were taken to deal with the allergy.

Sometimes medical treatment is a dance.
Thanks for the explanation DLP, makes sense how you described it. The initial virus I had was a bear, has taken me six weeks to fight it off. Hopefully this is just a garden variety cold that's making me feel like death warmed over with a RAW throat. Don't feel much like "dancing" today...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Goldengirl, make sure you are taking vitamin d suppliments. Being as sick as you have been, I would take up to 5,000 IU a day. Also a good probiotic.
Thanks Twice, I keep thinking I've turned a corner, and then, well, no. So sounds like good advice to me!

Know the probiotic, but what should the mega D cover?

I want to say thanks to Twice and DLP and Nanny for all the words of wisdom and support. While I am still sick (back to square one, which could be depressing), I have taken the advice to heart and armed myself with D3, probiotics, echinacea and turmeric. I did have my serum D levels tested last May, and while my doctor considered them normal, they were only 3 points away from insufficiency, at a time of year when I was getting more sun here in Florida. No telling what they're at now.

So, I could sit here and feel sorry for myself, or I can do something about it, and I choose the latter. I'm viewing this as a wake-up call to get my house in order and thank my lucky stars my immune system didn't have to fight something more serious.

And in my reading on the wonders of vitamin D, it appears that low levels can contribute to all sorts of sleep disorders, including insomnia. (Which happens to me all the time, including last night). I've preached about good sleep hygiene, and it seems this should be added to the list! (Nanny, you have been an inspiration to me lately, with all your dreaming and recording!!!)

Thanks to you all!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
You're not an asthmatic, are you?

Radio news report more years ago than I can count, said that some asthmatics experienced echinacea causing them to have an attack.

Juicing can take a lot of energy but raw food has almost "magic" in it that cooked food/dead food doesn't have. Now, to hold myself to this truth instead of chicken meatballs and healthnut bread for dinner today! Big Grin
Nope, no asthma. I used to take echinacea, and vitamin D3 too but got lazy and stopped. Exciting that D3 can help with insomnia though! I read a post somewhere that it helped the person sleep more deeply. And that would help with the sleep cycles and dreaming. I'll report back on the results either way. And now, it's off to bed for me!!!
We get sick for a variety of reasons. Sometimes it's the body's way of saying "For pity's sake, you need to slow down and be still for a while!" Other times it's the body's way of letting you know there's something that needs to be worked on and getting you sick is an attempt to get your attention. I tell people that it was no wonder I got cancer, a disease that eats you up inside, given all the shit I had eating me up inside. But the cancer was more than just my body's way of telling me I had to deal with my shit before it killed me. It was also the means to get me out of my routine, out of my rut, to be still, and also to get me up to the mother ship where they could work on me.

All that is a long way of saying that it might behoove you to sit with this illness and find out what it's trying to tell you. Find out what lessons it has to teach you, what messages it wants you to know. Find out what your body is trying to tell you. See what comes up, what wounding has been stuck in your body and which prevents you from moving forward that you didn't even realize was there. Who knows? Maybe this is part of your journey and it's necessary for you to discover how to use this illness to walk in service on the Mother. But until you work on your inner healing, your outer healing will be elusive. You will feel better for a while but it will return, possibly even stronger than before, until it's a matter of "there, now that ought to get her attention."

Sometimes our destiny is simply to work towards our perfect, healed state...because as we heal, our healing radiates outward into the world, into the universe, and helps heal everyone and everything around us.
Well said, DLP, thank you! And it may have just been exhaustion, but I slept like a baby last night, with a dream snippet at waking. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm being told to just be for a while. That hasn't been the only way I've received THAT message!
DLP, beauuutiful post! wisdom and I almost needed sunglasses to read this.
Hugs~