Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hay's House
The Hay's house (similar but altered) is now my home. My daughter is younger and lives there with me. The house is large and open; many rooms merge together, with nooks for one activity or another. The house is surprisingly arranged, even though I live there and presumably arranged it, it is as if I have been away and am remembering "Oh, this is where we eat breakfast!" "This is the desk in the foyer across from the front door (wide, white) where we put the mail when it comes!" In the kitchen area there is a fully decorated Christmas tree even though it is not yet Thanksgiving. I am so surprised at myself for decorating early—not something I usually do! But I am delighted by the colorful lights and the bundles of long spindly pine needles: It is a proper little tree all right!
The doorbell rings and it is a large group of young people from Holland or Europe generally, who are travelling and working together and have come here to stay. They arranged to stay either with me or with someone else and I have forgotten. They are a genial bunch, working for some cause together, and we continue to explore the house with them once they come in. Then we all go into one room to lie down for sleep. I have no idea why we are all crammed in together, but it is not terribly uncomfortable. I go out into the hall and when I come back down the hall a couple of the travelers are coming up the hall holding a baby. I had not realized there was a baby in the group as well.
There is a ruckus outside the house or in the basement and I go to investigate. I am annoyed by the noise. It sounds like kids trespassing. I go to the basement and there are two kids there. How did they get in? It turns out they are ghosts and I yell at them to leave. They are noisy and I didn't ask for them to come in.