Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meteorite Dust in Snow
I was making a road trip, moving from one city to another when my car broke down and could not be fixed. My husband was coming shortly behind me, so I had to wait in the town that I broke down in. I must have been a long wait - no shortly about it - as I had made friends with folks in town, specifically one scientist who was trying to determine the amount of meteorite dust that actually made it to the surface of the Earth after entry into the planet's atmosphere. His theory was that the stronger the atmosphere the fewer particles that would reach the planet. He enlisted my help and we went around town looking for the random patches of snow that were left after a recent snow in order to collect them and test them for the meteorite dust. Another theory he had was that it would be easier to separate the dust from the snow rather than try to separate regular ground dust and particulates from the dust that may have come from meteorites. In my dream the snow felt like it was mixed with fine particles of dust and I was able to pick it up in chunks that I could fit into sealable plastic container like tupperware. It looked greyish as well.