Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Of cats and stones
I have an altar set up atop the dresser and one of the cats has taken a liking to one of the stones. I keep finding it in odd places on the floor, once it was in a shoe, and frequently beneath the dresser itself. I root out the stone from wherever the cat has left it, eye the offending cat(who ignores me completely, as is a cat's wont) and put the stone back in it's place on the altar. This is almost a daily occurrence now.

I mention all this because a few seconds ago I heard the sound of that unfortunate stone hitting the floor and then being hockey pucked around the room for a bit. Sounds like this time the cat managed to get it out of the bedroom. If so, heaven only knows where I'll find the poor thing now.

Or the altar is trying to tell me it's time to take it down, since we'll be leaving this house in a few days.

Big Grin
Haha.
Do like we used to do decades ago - GLUE THE STONES DOWN! I once used superglue to stick a $1 Eisenhower coin to a local store's floor near the cash register (after letting the store owner in on it). We laughed for hours as no telling how many people nearly killed themselves trying to get it up off the floor while being pushed along by other patrons (and thus, flustered that they had to leave it behind). Aaaah...greed and humor, they go hand-in-hand.

This will work on your pesky cats, too - just film it, you will watch it repeatedly.
Skeet my mother and I once glued a nickle to the floor of the business we worked for (for the ex Mayor) and low and behold his cheap ass came into the office saw the nickle and tried to pick it up, when he couldn't pick it up he took a small pocket knife out of his pocket and pried the damn nickle up. Proud as all get up that the man who was driving a brand new Mercedes now had a nickle, he smiled and put it in his pocked before leaving the room. Beat all I had ever seen. (FYI: he was Italian, not Jewish)

DLP your cat is trying to tell you something (he or she is bored)
There is an old saying that goes something like this:
pick up a found penny, then you will fine a nickle, pick it up then you will find a quarter, pick it up and then find dollars. I know this works because hubby does this all the time.
Glue or no glue found coins are steps into real wealth.

But the glue does make it funny!
Nah, he's not bored. He has toys and another cat to keep him occupied. He just likes knocking stuff off surfaces, sort of like these cats:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6ZPvNXiip4

We, however, do not encourage him to do this, as do some of the people in the video. Big Grin