Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Someone to Explore With
Thursday November 20, 2014

During some part of the dream, I recall (and then proceeded to relive) the time when I met this girl. I quit smoking 10 days ago so I just chill with my friends in a room with a whole bunch of couches while they smoke and do dabs. We socialize for a little while. Another friend of mine who isn't in the room with us is being followed down the hallway by this beautiful girl my age, slightly taller than me with brunette hair flowing past her shoulders, white skin devoid of imperfections, a perfectly shaped body, and no glasses. Her eyes are dark, perhaps a dark blue or hazel color. We emerge from the room right in front of them, and the friend in the hallway introduces me to her. Her name was used many times in the dream, but it is distinctly absent from my memory. Our eyes meet and we hit it off immediately, talking, laughing, and getting to know a little bit about each other. It was like we had been best friends all our life. As I recall this event, I think about how grateful I am that I was sober that day. Had I done dabs with my friends I would have been in the wrong state of consciousness to meet someone new and interact on that level. Our paths would have crossed and we would have continued off in different directions in life. I would've never known who she was.
After that day we quickly become good friends, spending a lot of time together and doing stuff with each other. One day she comes over to my house or business or wherever I happen to be. I am in the garage by myself working on developing or improving a chemical extraction process. She comes in and keeps me company, talking to me, asking about what I am doing, getting involved, and spending time with me. It is pretty relaxed. I pour a flask into a beaker and with absolutely no warning the chemical reaction detonates, killing us both instantaneously. The very next instant of my existence the scene is reset to the moment I pour the flask into the beaker. There is no time for me to react or to even process what is happening; my consciousness is merely an observer to something beyond my control. This time there is no explosion and we do not die. Reality and the laws of physics determine that the mixture behaves as I predicted it would. The two of us are on an alternate timeline in the fourth, fifth, and sixth dimension. I am still aware of the timeline in which we both died, and I have every reason to believe she is too. We experienced a seam in the Universe. We do not say a word about it, but rather continue on as if we are nothing more than our physical bodies, unaware that the other possible timeline exists. Like puppets in a universe that is predetermined, unable to deviate from the script but aware of something beyond all of this.

However the dream does not begin with these two events, I just decided to tell them in chronological order. The dream begins with the two of us exploring someone's back yard together. The yard is behind a plain, borderline dilapidated single story ranch style home with a gray roof. We're walking through their terrain. I notice how weird the plants look. They aren't so unusual that you would notice them from a distance, but when you get up close you know you've never seen any plants that look like this before. All the details are just a bit off. The leaf structure is different, the colors are slightly off, and the plant itself is unique. There is grass (which I guess is normal grass), ivory along the ground (which is what I am focusing on when I'm taking note of these peculiarities), and trees intertwined with bushes, which enclose the yard. We aren't completely safe here. In fact, I am trying to get this girl out of here. This property is associated with someone dangerous, like a cult leader. We're walking along the yard, exploring, and the yard focuses down and ends at the point of a triangle. We don't see anyone else while we're here.
The dream cuts forward in time by an unknown but significant amount. I am aboard a wooden ship, like the ones used to discover America, but with a flat deck, of modern construction, and under engine power. This girl is with me, as well as a crew including various people from different times and locations of my real life. The ocean is covered in a blanket of fog, reducing visibility to no more than four lengths of our ship. We are currently navigating around hundreds or thousands of small islands. The islands take the shape of a cylinder poking above the water, only slightly taller than our deck. The surface of these islands have mushroomed out a little bit and the grass growth has contributed to this appearance. The waves have eaten at the dirt walls of the cylinders, causing them to bow inward like the 'plastic saving' water bottles. The color of the grass is off, dominated by green but with a strong red or even purple component. All the islands look more or less the same, and I have never seen anything like them. We maneuver around one of the islands and turn right. The centrifugal force (technically the lack thereof) causes the girl I'm with to be thrown off the port side into the water. She yells, but I am the only one to hear her. I turn back and look at her in the water. I pause for a moment like a deer in the headlights. For some reason I expect the ship to magically stop moving, or maybe I just underestimate our speed. Either way she drifts away very quickly! I turn back around and yell to the captain, Kyle "Man overboard! Stop this ship!" I turn back to keep my eyes on her and I know what I have to do, but I'm nervous. I start off, running across the deck and execute a perfect dive over the side into the ocean without a second thought. I resurface and swim towards her. She is a really good swimmer, and she has closed a lot of the distance. When we meet I wrap my arms around her and hug her really tight, my left ear on her right shoulder. It is surprisingly easy to tread water. We just embrace each other for a moment and then I turn around to see Kyle was able to back the ship up to get us. Now that we have a minute I slip my shoes off, left then right, and throw them one by one on the deck. Ahh, it's so much easier to swim now! We swim around in circles together for a moment. I don't want to risk being in the water for too long. I get the feeling there is something lurking below us in the deep. We swim to the side of the ship and they throw down a rope with a loop tied in the end. She puts her foot in the end and holds tight while the crew hoists her back onboard. They throw the loop back down and do the same for me. I sit with her on the deck and we just spend some time together.
We are back in exploring mode! It is the same expedition and the same physical ship, but the ship is larger and metal instead of wood now. We are no longer in the islands, and the fog has cleared up somewhat. We spend hours exploring the corridors of the ship. Once we run out of corridors to map out, I follow her back out onto the deck. Since the deck is bigger now, it wraps around a building which protrudes up from below. She wanders over to an inward-facing corner of this building. Like most metal ships, there are pipes running just about everywhere. She grips one of these pipes with one hand and another pipe with the other. She pulls herself up and pushes off a third, lower pipe with her foot to get on the roof. I follow her lead. I feel incredibly fit; I am skinny and pulling myself up is not even a challenge. Once we're on top of the structure, she convinces me to climb the mast, which is more of a T-shaped metal radar tower than a mast. We climb to the top and look around. Eventually we climb back down.
Later we find ourselves alone on the deck. I really like this girl and I can tell she likes me back. She is standing pretty close to me. I close the gap between us and look her dead in her eyes. They're so beautiful. I lean closer and closer and close my eyes. Our lips make contact and I wrap my left arm around her back. We smooch for a second and I pull back without breaking contact with the upper lip. This is the important part.... if she leans back in I'm golden. I tilt my head to the right and we both lean in closer. I begin to add tongue. Our lips create a portal and the tip of my tongue touches hers. It tingles for a second, and this whole thing is amazing. It literally feels intoxicating, like I'm getting high from her pheromones. We separate ever so slightly and go in for a third wave. We finish kissing, open our eyes and look at each other. She loved it just as much as I did! We smile, looking in each other's eyes taking in the moment. Finally I look up and to the right to an upper deck. Three of my friends are just leaning on the railing watching us. She walks towards the bow and I turn and start up a ladder towards my friends. Before she leaves earshot they start a collective "Ohhhhhhh...", simultaneously giving me props while trying to embarrass me (or her?). I get this proud smirk on my face, like when you get caught doing something you aren't supposed to be doing but which you aren't sorry for or don't regret. I finish climbing the ladder and start talking to them, but the smirk doesn't go away.
I meet up with my girl later and we spend some more time exploring parts of the ship which aren't corridors. In other words, we spend a few hours climbing pipes to get into plenums, service areas, and on top of rooms. We're just exploring together. We walk out on the deck and she hits a black, translucent pipe packed with some bud and passes it to me. The pipe is kind of a normal pipe but it has both a horizontal and vertical component to it, as in the pipe extends back, twists around itself, loops up, comes back down, and runs the rest of the way back to the smoker. The bowl isn't straight. It is at a 45 degree angle on the right side of the end of the glass pipe. I cover the choke with my finger and hold it in my left hand. It is cold outside, but not uncomfortably cold. She wears a white fur-lined coat which contrasts her dark hair. Four+ people come out onto the deck and join our smoking circle. They pack their own pipe which is a more regular shape, blown out of a multicolored pink-green-orange-clear glass that looks like metal when you heat it too rapidly with a blowtorch. They pass their pipe around and it gets to me. "Actually, I stopped smoking." I pass their pipe counterclockwise along the circle and pass the black pipe back to my girl. It is still cherried and smoking from when she handed it to me.
Afterwards we do some more exploring around the bridge area. I pop out of the ship onto the deck again, this time by myself. The ship is in port and it has gotten bigger again. It's HUGE now! I can see a seam in the deck where the existing metal hull was inserted inside a 'sleeve' type larger metal hull (like those Russian dolls) to quickly and cheaply make it larger. I go back inside and describe what I saw to a group of people standing inside the doorway. Zack's dad says this is actually a pretty common practice. I think to myself how amazing it is that dreams can sometimes align more closely with reality than your own understanding- you can learn from them. Ed is there and he has a UK accent, which is completely wrong and I pick up on this. The group overheard us (my girl and I) talking about our exploring, and they thought it sounded fun. We all walk down the corridor, right around a corner, and right around a second corner into a dead end. The first person climbs up the conduit on the wall into the ceiling. The second person climbs up. I begin to climb up, but I am unsure of myself. The conduit supporting my right hand breaks and rips some colored wires out of the tubing. There are several colors, but the only one that stands out is the red wire. I pull my hand back before I get electrocuted, but I get lucky. The wires just happen to be cold. I drop back down to the floor. There are like fifteen people behind me. I wake up. Initially I do not write this down because I believe it actually took place. I roll on my side to go back to sleep and think about how beautiful of a story that was. I realize it was just a dream and bliss is replaced with a sadness that it was all fake and an understanding that I HAVE to write this down. I do so right away.