Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The wild river
Dream Date: Jan 5, 2010
This dream seems to be full of symbolism. I woke from the dream and typed notes into my phone so I could remember the details. I felt the dream was telling me something.
I was standing in a forest facing a swift moving freshwater stream/river. It seemed a bit deep and was about 50 feet across. It was afternoon and the sun was high but a bit behind me so I knew that I was facing east at the river. (The sun was RED) That puts me on the west bank of the river and the river was flowing north to south (left to right) past me.
I got the impression that downstream (to my south) there was going to be a large disruption. I could envision the water hitting something and it would cause some problems. I then acknowledged the message about downstream so I then focused on what was upstream. The message "Wolf ed Turtle" entered my mind. I have no idea what that means. I googled "Wolf ed Turtle" and the results point to a native american parable titled "The Turtle, The Wolf and The Stream"! This parable apparently teaches a lesson in humility and how bragging about or being overconfident in your abilities will usually lead to your downfall.