Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trying a Squirrel Suit
December 26th, 2014

I'm in a residential setting. I meet this kid about my age. He is male, a little taller than me, a little older than me, and pretty average. We are in a city fractured by water, the way Fort Myers or Miami are. This city has a residential district on one peninsula and a downtown district on another peninsula, separated by a river or bay and connected by a bridge. It is nighttime and the water is black. The city is made of dozens and dozens of skyscrapers, all lit up. We drive over the bridge into the downtown area. On the left is a plain concrete building, but which has interesting geometry and trees planted around it. We park in the road and walk over to the building. It is a public tower, almost like a parking garage. It has outdoor patios with small trees planted in them at regular intervals going up the building, which cause the size of the building to step down as you go higher up. We climb the stairwell to the first patio. A group of girls are hanging out. They're very friendly and they approach us to introduce themselves. We are conversing and some of the girls come onto us.
We climb the rest of the way up the tower and the girls follow us. It's so high up here! The skyscrapers look beautiful, outlined and illuminated with lights of every color you can imagine. You can even see the massive lake that sits on the other end of the downtown area. I walk over to the edge and look down. I see dozens of people walking around the plaza below. They're incredibly small, but still identifiable. I look to my friend and ask him if I can try. He unballs the suit and hands me a piece. The piece I'm holding is clear plastic and in the shape of the wings. "Let me go once to show you how it's done."
"Okay!" He stands near the edge of the tower for a while. This blonde girl is sitting by the edge. She tells me about her foot. "I hurt it at F-something Festival today. I stepped on glass or something."
"Awe, that's terrible! They usually do a pretty good job making it safe to go around barefoot."
My friend walks over to me and says "Let me do it from a lower level to get over my middies and then I'll go from the top." I feel skeptical.
"Okay," I respond.
"Meet me on level 54." He starts off and everyone parades down the stairs after him. He walks to the edge and steps on the ledge. He spreads his wings out and stands there. There is absolutely no wind. He slowly tilts forward until gravity takes hold and his feet leave the ledge and he begins gliding. He glides so flat! I am surprised at how far he goes forward for each foot he falls. Suddenly he gets stuck in the very top of some trees. I didn't even see them before he ran into them. They're planted a few stories down on another patio. I yell to him and try to help him inch worm out of the tree without damaging the suit. He just squirms aimlessly until he falls out of the tree.