Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Booms
Not sure what this was, but it was out of the norm, and completely inexplicable, so I'll post it here.

This happened in the fall of 2012, in my house. I remember it clearly as far as timing, as one of our goldens had just been brought home from the emergency vet after a multiple tumor removal. My boyfriend and I were sitting in the living room with the two dogs and one of our cats, trying to keep it quiet and watch tv. I think my BF was dozing, I was completely awake. All of a sudden, there was what sounded like an explosion right in front of us, between where we were sitting and the tv. It was like a bomb blast, that loud. We both looked at each other, both dogs got up and looked around confused, and the cat took off towards the bedroom to hide.

Now here's the really weird part. There is a back hallway to the extra bedrooms that runs behind the living room tv. Our other cat, who is afraid of all things out of the ordinary, was in the back bedroom. When I went to check on her, she was sleeping on the futon like she had heard nothing. That would be totally impossible.

My boyfriend went outside to see if it was something one of our neighbors was doing. Our next door neighbor was on her back porch reading a book. (this was on the same side of the house as our extra bedrooms). He asked her if she had heard anything, and she looked at him funny and told him no, she had heard nothing.

So, two adults, two dogs, and one cat heard a HUGE explosion, yet beyond the confines of the living room, no one had heard anything at all.

Messages In This Thread
Booms - by Goldengirl - 01-09-2016, 09:26 PM
RE: Booms - by Nanny - 01-10-2016, 01:32 AM
RE: Booms - by Eagle1 - 01-10-2016, 10:25 AM
RE: Booms - by Goldengirl - 01-10-2016, 10:46 AM
RE: Booms - by Nanny - 01-10-2016, 05:52 PM
RE: Booms - by Goldengirl - 01-10-2016, 08:15 PM