Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Earthquake 8.0 Oregon/Idaho Border
I live on the southern Oregon coast and in the dream I am in the area where I live and there is a short quick jolt. A couch flipped over onto me but it is light and I just push it off aside from things having fallen off the shelves there is no real damage tot he house. The scene switches and I am over looking a hill to the north where there are several houses built on the hillside and there has been a slide there which seems to be the only severe damage in our area. I am playing with my cell phone trying to get to the USGS to find out the magnitude of the quake and my phone is just slow and I can't bring up the information so I ask a woman nearby, "do we know the magnitude of this quake?" She says "8.0". I think to myself OK good we've had our 8.0 and it is over with and I ask "do we know the epicenter?" She says "Oregon in the corner where it meats Idaho". I think that's an odd place for an 8.0 and I wake up

The swarms that have been happening in that area have actually been in Nevada not Oregon but close to that area and of course that is the area that is the pathway over to yellowstone where previous hotspots moved across Idaho.
After I posted my EQ dream, I read your post. I've been watching the Challis, Idaho EQ's that started up about this time last year, near the Oregon/Idaho border, above Boise. I'm in Bend, OR, so found your experience a few days earlier in Southern OR to be especially thematic since we are separated by a few hours driving, and you are nearer the epicenter you perceive. I could not tell you what west coast city I was in or how close to your noted dream area.
I wish we were already established in the new website, because we've figured out a way to visually depict geographical dream content. Regardless, thanks for the dreams you two!!
That area they call "Lakeview Oregon" on the USGS Quake map is only, it looks like approximately 130? miles from the precise corner of Oregon-Idaho that you are talking about. For a very large or even Great Quake that's not far at all. Thank you for recording your dream. I found a good page on this amazing amount of quakes for "Lakeview" and I would like to see one that's more recent because since Feb. 26, I think it is, there have been seven more quakes there that were at least a 3.0.

(02-28-2015, 04:09 PM)DWood Wrote: I live on the southern Oregon coast and in the dream I am in the area where I live and there is a short quick jolt.  A couch flipped over onto me but it is light and I just push it off aside from things having fallen off the shelves there is no real damage tot he house.  The scene switches and I am over looking a hill to the north where there are several houses built on the hillside and there has been a slide there which seems to be the only severe damage in our area.  I am playing with my cell phone trying to get to the USGS to find out the magnitude of the quake and my phone is just slow and I can't bring up the information so I ask a woman nearby, "do we know the magnitude of this quake?"  She says "8.0".  I think to myself OK good we've had our 8.0 and it is over with and I ask "do we know the epicenter?"  She says "Oregon in the corner where it meats Idaho".  I think that's an odd place for an 8.0 and I wake up

The swarms that have been happening in that area have actually been in Nevada not Oregon but close to that area and of course that is the area that is the pathway over to yellowstone where previous hotspots moved across Idaho.