The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/natircom/public_html/forum/forum/inc/config.php:1) - Line: 1721 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP]   errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1721 header
/inc/class_session.php 338 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 75 session->load_guest
/global.php 55 session->init
/showthread.php 22 require_once
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/natircom/public_html/forum/forum/inc/config.php:1) - Line: 1721 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 343 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 75 session->load_guest
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 83 my_setcookie
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1783 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 42 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 592 mark_thread_read
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1783 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 218 my_set_array_cookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 48 mark_forum_read
/showthread.php 592 mark_thread_read

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nightmares
08-17-2014, 08:28 PM
Nightmares
You weren't attacked outright, but that dream was awfully frightful. Feel free to share you experiences here.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-26-2014, 02:33 PM
RE: Nightmares
I don't think these count as nightmares but I sure would like someone else's interpretation. Warning: Loooooong post ahead!

For about 25 years I have been having strange sleeping/dreaming phenomena. I don't want to label these experiences because every label I've come across doesn't quite do the trick.

My first experience was when I was 18. I was in my dorm room, it was daytime and I had been asleep. Not sure if it was early morning and I was just waking up or if I had taken a nap. Anyway, I had a "dream" that I was with a man. I never saw him physically but felt his presence. It was the most profoundly beautiful, romantic experience. I remember a sense of joy and belonging and love. When I woke up and opened my eyes I remember this sense of loss and sorrow and I remember reaching my arms up to the corner of my room and crying. I felt the loss of the weight of someone and it was as if they were retreating. That feeling of sadness stayed with me for a long time. I knew I would never be able to get back to him. I also remember seeing a shimmery blue something as I was waking up.

That was my first experience. Very positive. However, over the years they have morphed into abject terror. I wake up screaming, so sure someone is in my house/room. My heart is pounding and I've got that battery acid taste of fear in my mouth. The only way to calm down and be able to go back to sleep is to search my house to make sure no one is there.

Someone once told me these experiences were night terrors. I have looked up night terrors and they seem to describe what is going on except I am fully aware of what is going on while it is happening and I remember the event. This is not consistent with night terrors.

Also, I have had many experiences that were not terrifying; just more annoying. Like the time two young boys were screaming and laughing and running circles around my bed. Woke me up and I was very upset over the noise they were making.

I thought I was lucid dreaming. My friend thinks I am looking into another dimension. A sleep study person thinks it is night terrors. Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks!
Send this user an email Find all posts by this user
08-26-2014, 03:19 PM
Maybe you could look up out of body experiences. Sometimes other people walk out and visit you. That first time it could have been someone that really loved you but you didn't/wouldn't look at them in waking life. You saw their inner beauty and love for you in spirit form.

I had a bad habit of walking out and visiting people in their/my dreams. I did not know I was doing it. Until one day someone commented on it (in a graphic manner) and told me to stop. I thought I was "just" dreaming about them.
I had to ask other people if they had dreamed of me on nights that I dreamed about them. It scared the bejees out of me. I definitely tried to stop dreaming about people.

Years later I was told (by a teacher of metaphysics) that I do this, without remembering anything, all the time. I was told I was going out to do battle against evil for loved ones and friends within the spirit world; I thought I was having nightmares. She said I needed to pull my whole spirit-self back into my body because I was spending my waking life half in half out and that was the source of some of my life problems; a half mind devoted to each side gets no solutions/full thought to either side. When I received a serious injury out there I became ill over here.
I am still working to control this behavior.
Sometimes spirit people on the other side help me sometimes they send me away.
Sometimes there are very ugly mean spirits to contend with so you need a touchstone or some method to stop them from harming you. Something like a safe word to pull you out of the situation. Hope this is helpful to you.

p.s. I have been trying to figure out what is going on in my head/spirit for years and so I read about anything that might be an answer.

Edna
I know because I can read.
I read because I want to know.
08-26-2014, 04:01 PM
Escholars,

Thanks for your response. Your response to my first experience rings true. At that time of my life I was totally wrapped up in the outside package of people, not their inner beings.

I never thought about out of body experiences as a possible reason behind these experiences. Will have to check into this phenomena. I've only ever had one out of body experience, at least that I remember, way back in high school. It was a trippy feeling. However, I never thought about other people have OBE's and visiting me. Interesting twist.

Your experiences of walking out and visiting others reminded me of something. It actually made me laugh (no disrespect intended) only because of the situation surrounding my experience. I had slept with (no sex) with a guy in college. We were just getting to know each other. Anyway, that night I had pretty erotic dreams about him. No big deal given the situation. However, in the morning he asked me "so, did you dream WITH me last night?" I was so embarrassed as to what my dreams were about that I lied and said "no." I've never heard anyone else describe it as dreaming with.

You mentioned safe word or touchstone. Would I place such an object under my pillow? Do I need to do anything to it before using it as such? I have an object in mind that, when I read your suggestion, seems perfect for this purpose. Almost like its been waiting. Just curious if there's anything I need to do before using it.

Thanks!
08-26-2014, 04:26 PM
Lay it in the sun to absorb light and pray or think it as a gift of safety. Just think about how you use it and you will have to be able to reach/use it from inside of your dreams, you will see its manifested form in your dreams.

Edna
I know because I can read.
I read because I want to know.
08-27-2014, 12:04 PM
My first impression of reading this is one of spiritual healing. You are disconnected from your personal source energy that gives you the strength to work through these issues in the dream time, therefore they are carrying over to your waking life as fear.

Where/what is your belief and faith spiritually?

Second I would suggest examining the feelings in your waking life when these types of dreams come, there maybe a common emotion attached to them that you have not seen before.

Third, have you ever had a home invasion or a break-in that you have not dealt with, or a feeling of loss security? Traumatic experiences, such as a rape, home invasion, even something like being cheated on can give you an emotional response that you have to work through, when you feel out of control in your waking life this can carry over to your dream time. Your dreams maybe trying to tell you that something happened during the day that is leaving you feeling "Unsafe" in your home or in your life.

(08-26-2014 02:33 PM)rebecca Wrote:  I don't think these count as nightmares but I sure would like someone else's interpretation. Warning: Loooooong post ahead!

For about 25 years I have been having strange sleeping/dreaming phenomena. I don't want to label these experiences because every label I've come across doesn't quite do the trick.

My first experience was when I was 18. I was in my dorm room, it was daytime and I had been asleep. Not sure if it was early morning and I was just waking up or if I had taken a nap. Anyway, I had a "dream" that I was with a man. I never saw him physically but felt his presence. It was the most profoundly beautiful, romantic experience. I remember a sense of joy and belonging and love. When I woke up and opened my eyes I remember this sense of loss and sorrow and I remember reaching my arms up to the corner of my room and crying. I felt the loss of the weight of someone and it was as if they were retreating. That feeling of sadness stayed with me for a long time. I knew I would never be able to get back to him. I also remember seeing a shimmery blue something as I was waking up.

That was my first experience. Very positive. However, over the years they have morphed into abject terror. I wake up screaming, so sure someone is in my house/room. My heart is pounding and I've got that battery acid taste of fear in my mouth. The only way to calm down and be able to go back to sleep is to search my house to make sure no one is there.

Someone once told me these experiences were night terrors. I have looked up night terrors and they seem to describe what is going on except I am fully aware of what is going on while it is happening and I remember the event. This is not consistent with night terrors.

Also, I have had many experiences that were not terrifying; just more annoying. Like the time two young boys were screaming and laughing and running circles around my bed. Woke me up and I was very upset over the noise they were making.

I thought I was lucid dreaming. My friend thinks I am looking into another dimension. A sleep study person thinks it is night terrors. Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks!

Tȟaté makȟámaniyaŋ wóihaŋble Súŋ
Find all posts by this user
08-27-2014, 08:40 PM
Escholars, thanks.

NADW:

You are completely right, I have felt disconnected from my spiritual life. I'm pretty sure the cause is self imposed. I kind of thumbed my nose at that part of myself. Right now, not even sure why.

I have never had the type of experience you postulate, thank goodness.

In case anyone is interested, I did do some more research last night. OOBE's do not seem to fit what my experiences are. However, I came across some personal accounts of night terrors and they are completely in line with my experiences. They even remember the night terror. What is interesting to me, however, is I think the organic cause of the night terrors is rooted in the issues NADW has brought up.

Once again, thanks for your insight.