The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/natircom/public_html/forum/forum/inc/config.php:1) - Line: 1721 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP]   errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1721 header
/inc/class_session.php 338 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 75 session->load_guest
/global.php 55 session->init
/showthread.php 22 require_once
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/natircom/public_html/forum/forum/inc/config.php:1) - Line: 1721 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 343 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 75 session->load_guest
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 83 my_setcookie
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1783 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 42 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 592 mark_thread_read
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1783 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 218 my_set_array_cookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 48 mark_forum_read
/showthread.php 592 mark_thread_read

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Encounters with the Deceased
08-17-2014, 08:12 PM
Encounters with the Deceased
This info migrated from the old DreamScapes:

This DreamScape is reserved for stories about meeting deceased persons in your dreams. ALL dream experiences with the deceased are welcome, but definitely include those that have some precognitive flavor (e.g., the person warns you of something to happen later). We’re going to start with a dream presented by a dreamer named Rhonda:

Now this is TRULY amazing!! My ex fiance took me up to his parents for the first time about 6 years ago. I had never been there and knew NOTHING about the place. The place is located on Indian Reservation Land way the hell and gone, out in the country. It’s about 30-40mins outside of Merritt BC. My ex’s mother and stepfather (who is native Indian) live there. He inherited the house through the Indian band from his family, along with some land.

We arrived for a 3 or 4 day stay. The day after we arrived I was exhausted as we had been biking and hiking and swimming in Petit (they say Peety up there)Creek. I went into the little room his parents had set up for us and laid down for a nap and everyone else took off to go do something else. It is a 2 bedroom house with 1 washroom and a wood burning stove and it’s very old, like a cabin almost.

It was very hot and I laid down and passed right out into a deep sleep. In my dream, I was there in the house and there were some young boys in the house and something was very wrong. Then a tall Indian man came to me in the hall and he had long straight black hair. It was very long, way down his back. He was very upset and there was a feeling of panic and I asked him how he got in. I kept thinking that we had to get out of there somehow. He took me to the front door and someone was trying to get in and again I asked him how he managed to get into the house as I never saw him come in. He never answered but took me to the back door and people were trying to break in somehow through the back door. There were Native Indians in RCMP or polie uniforms and one was a lady. Finally, the officers banging on the doors managed to get in and I felt sheer panic. They took him somehow and I was trying get away and woke up in a terrible sweat.

Well I woke up and then I could hear my ex’s parents and him in the living room and kitchen so I got up and went into the living area. I got a coffee and didn’t say anything for a while. I then mentioned that while they were gone I had the most vivid and incredible dream. I told them the dream and as I began to talk the room fell silent. Their eyes got bigger and bigger as I went on and my ex’s stepfather went very pale and grey in the face.

My ex’s mom then said I had dreamed of Uncle Joe. He had owned the house before, years ago. He looked exactly how I described. No one else around there looked like that with all that hair almost down to the waist. They then said what I had dreamed is exactly what had happened years ago there. The authorities had come to take him away and they could not get him to come out. They had also sent officers who were natives to try and get him to come out. They got the door open and they took him away and locked him up and he died in the loony bin. I think he still feels betrayed. Betrayed was what I was getting from him. Also I was told that my ex’s stepfathers brothers and such were there in the house when that happened. Those were the young boys I saw. Those young boys are now in their 50′s. My ex’s mom Louise also made one creepy comment: The bedroom I was sleeping in was the old part of the house. The other bedroom (hers and her husband’s) and the den were new additions. Maybe that made the difference??

This dream was 110% accurate. I almost fainted. That night we were sitting out back around the fire in the backyard and my ex (who was really scared and freaked about my dream) were mentioning it to a friend of his who came to visit and as soon as I finished the story the back door just slammed itself shut! We all jumped and laughed and our friend Mike hollered out “Goodnight Uncle Joe!”

PS My ex told me best not to talk about it again. He’s still freaked by it I think. Here is a picture I took in that bedroom.
Edit
Comments
Encounters with the Deceased — 4 Comments

Melanie Strange on May 16, 2014 at 3:31 pm said: Edit

My soulmate used me to communicate with his family that he was in a better place. Christmas morning 1999 I woke knowing a boyfriend, from the past who was my soulmate, had died. At first I thought it was a product of an overactive imagination, and blew it off. Over the course of many years I dreamed of him. He would show me the most beautiful places and when I would wake up I would be sad having left “heaven.” After years of these incredible dreams, I began searching the internet to find out where he was. I came across an obituary that was set up by a friend and I knew he had died, or at least I thought so. I began searching for his brother via the internet and came across him working at a university. I sent him an email and he confirmed that yes, his brother had died on Christmas eve 1999. I then gave him a detailed accounting of my beautiful and peaceful dreams, which he shared with his family, especially his mother who was still trying to find peace.. After that my dreams stopped.
Reply ↓
ndcadmin on May 16, 2014 at 9:05 pm said: Edit

Melanie, thank you so much for providing this beautiful experience with us! Our minds are delicate receivers that can be tuned to a whole other world out there. What a very unique example of how powerful and healing that dreams can be….if we just allow it to happen. The attitude we have towards dreams will greatly determine what we are “allowed” to see/experience in our nighttime adventures. Thanks again, Melanie!

Warmly,
Chris
Reply ↓
Tonya Brooks on May 21, 2014 at 10:37 pm said: Edit

I had a very odd dream in May of 2005. I thought that I was in my step grandmother’s house and she was walking through and I told her that I miss her and she said she missed me too but she was happy where she was. In the dream, I saw a lot of dead relatives and other people I knew and there were some who were in the dream that were still alive. I noticed that my other grandparents were in the kitchen and they were still alive in reality. I thought my grandmother’s deceased mother was standing next to my grandmother and she was smiling and talking to me, but I could not hear her. I also saw my husband’s grandmother in this dream and she was alive at the time. When I woke up, I had the feeling that it was not a dream but I was talking to them in reality.
Starting in October of 2005, the people in the dream that were alive started dying. My husband’s grandmother pass in October of ’05. And my grandparents passed in 2008.
-
Last year in 2013, I dreamed of my grandparents and in the dream they were young and I saw them going to church and the church was a church on top of a church which represented the spirit part over the physical. I saw many people walking to go to this church and they were all spirits. It seemed so real.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-20-2014, 07:27 PM
RE: Encounters with the Deceased
I have a family story to tell, doesn't have to do with dreams at all but it falls under this topic.

My grandfather became very ill before he passed away, he was in a home because my grandmother could not take care of him physically. My aunt was sitting with my grandfather and he was motionless staring off into space, when the care giver came in. He turned to the care giver and said to her "Do you see that woman over there" and he points to the corner of the room. This made my aunt look up to where he was pointing but she didn't see anyone standing in that corner. The care giver replied, no there is no one there. My grandfather said "That is my mother and she has come to take me home". He passed away two hours later.

For 6 years my after my grandfathers passing my grandmother every morning was woken up by my grandfather talking to her. I feel it is safe to assume it may have been in the dream time, but she would lay in bed and talk with him for about an hour every morning. One time I knocked on her door when I heard her talking and I heard a man talking back to my grandmother. I didn't wait to get a response I opened the door. There was only my grandmother in the room, and she was still laying in bed. I asked her "Who are you talking to" her reply to me as "Dad" which is what she used to call my grandfather, because he was the father of her 8 children.
4 months before she passed we were sitting down on the couch talking and she finally told me that grandpa has been visiting her since he passed away, and that he has promised to be the one to be there "to take her home as well".

This gives me great hope that my Grandpa and Grandma will be there to take me home when it is my time to go.

Tȟaté makȟámaniyaŋ wóihaŋble Súŋ
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply