The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/natircom/public_html/forum/forum/inc/config.php:1) - Line: 1721 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP]   errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1721 header
/inc/class_session.php 338 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 75 session->load_guest
/global.php 55 session->init
/showthread.php 22 require_once
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/natircom/public_html/forum/forum/inc/config.php:1) - Line: 1721 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 343 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 75 session->load_guest
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 83 my_setcookie
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1783 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 42 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 592 mark_thread_read
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1783 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 218 my_set_array_cookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 48 mark_forum_read
/showthread.php 592 mark_thread_read

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inspirational writing by our own SisterRose
09-03-2014, 09:09 PM
Inspirational writing by our own SisterRose
Take it away, Sister!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2014, 10:17 AM
Goddess Day
Sister's computer has been down, so I'll forward these as I get them.

sister rose...

8:55 AM (16 minutes ago)

So, it is Goddess Day, and of course I dreamt about the Goddess! That is the Divine Mother who groans as in child birth as the family of earth continue to fight and seek one another's destruction. So my mantra continues as her groans and prayer for a new earth, a peaceful earth. I didn't succeed to get into the forum yesterday... am still having trouble with my computer.
09-08-2014, 07:30 PM
RE: Inspirational writing by our own SisterRose
Sister's computer still down. She forwards this:

sister rose

6:20 PM (5 minutes ago)

Heard a beautiful meditation for peace which I share from the lighthouse of the 3rd or wisdom eye:
O Spirit, teach me to find the Presence on the altar of my constant peace and the joy that springs from deep meditation.
Visualize each breath as a wave of peace. Fix the mind on the shoreless lake of peace at your 3rd eye and watch the eternal circle of rippling peace...wavelets of peace...circle of rippling peace that go from the eyebrows to forehead to heart and every cell of your body... and overflow banks of the body and inundate the mind and move in infinite directions... feel the calmness and stillness within. Go deeper:
I am in the temple of quiet...Peace fills my body...peace fills my heart...dwells within my love...Infinite peace surrounds my life...permeates all moments of existence...peace to family, nation, world, all that lives...to leaders of all nations...to lead all peoples to happiness, healing and abundance...healing rays of God's love fill the world and bring harmony of the universal spirit. Om, shanti, shanti, shanti.
09-10-2014, 02:13 AM
Sister forwards this via my email:

Peace Prayer of St Francis, a monk,

Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; to be understood, as to understand, to be loved as to love; For it is in giving that we receive, it is in pardoning that we are pardoned; it is in dying that we are born again to eternal life"

Rule of St Romuald, a monk

Sit in your cell as in paradise. Put the whole world behind you and forget it. Watch your thoughts like a good fisherman, watching for fish. The path you must follow is in the Psalms - never leave it.

...take every opportunity you can to sing the Psalms in your heart and to understand them with your mind.

...Realize above all that you are in God's presence, and stand there with the attitude of one who stands before the emperor.

...Empty yourself completely and sit waiting, content with the grace of God, like the chick who takes nothing and eats nothing but what his mother brings him.
09-10-2014, 02:54 PM
I can't wait until Sister can have her own access to this site, but she sends this...

Vow of Non-Violence

Recognizing the violence in my own heart, yet trusting in the Goodness and Mercy of God, I vow to practice the non-violence of Jesus who taught us in the Sermon on the Mount:

"Blessed are the Peacemakers, for they shall be called the sons and daughters of God"...You have learned how it was said, "You must love your neighbor and hate your enemy,, but I say to you "Love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you. In this way, you will be daughters and sons of your Creator in Heaven."

Before God, the Creator and the Sanctifying Spirit, I vow to carry out in my life the love and example of Jesus:
by striving for peace within myself and seeking to be a peacemaker in my daily life...
by accepting suffering rather than inflicting it..
By refusing to retaliate in the face of provocation and violence...
by persevering in non-violence of tongue and heart...
by living conscientiously and simply so that I do not deprive others of the means to live..
By actively resisting evil and working non-violently to abolish war and the causes of war from my own heart and from the face of the earth.

Excerpt of Maya Angelou

..."But today, the Rock cries out to us, clearly, forcefully,
Come you may stand upon my
Back and face your distant destiny,
But seek no haven in my shadow.
I will give you no more hiding place down here.
You, created only a little lower than
The angels, have crouched too long in
The bruising darkness,
Have lain too long
Face down in ignorance.
Your mouths spilling words
Armed for slaughter,
The Rock cries out today, you may stand on me,
But do not hide your face.
Across the wall of the world,
A River sings a beautiful song,
Comes rest here by my side.
Each of you a bordered country,
Delicate and strangely made proud,
Yet thrusting perpetually under siege,
Your armed struggles for profit
Have left collars of waste upon
My shore, currents of debris upon my breast
Yet, today I call you to my riverside,
If you will study war no more. Come,
Clad in peace and I will sing the songs
The Creator gave to me when I and the
Tree and the stone were one.
Before cynicism was a bloody sear across your
Brow and when you yet knew you still
Knew nothing.
The River sings and sings on.
There is a true yearning to respond to
The singing River and the wise Rock

...Lift up your faces, you have a piercing need
For this bright morning dawning for you.
History, despite its wrenching pain,
Cannot be unlived, and if faced
With courage, need not be lived again.
Lift up your eyes upon
The day breaking for you.
Give birth again
To the dream.

...Do not be wedded forever
To fear, yoked eternally
To brutishness.
The horizon leans forward.
Offering you space to place new steps of change.

...Here on the pulse of this new day
You may have the grace to look up and out
And into your sister's eyes, into
Your brother's face, your country, (your world)
And say simply
With hope
Good morning."