The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/natircom/public_html/forum/forum/inc/config.php:1) - Line: 1721 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP]   errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1721 header
/inc/class_session.php 338 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 75 session->load_guest
/global.php 55 session->init
/showthread.php 22 require_once
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/natircom/public_html/forum/forum/inc/config.php:1) - Line: 1721 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 343 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 75 session->load_guest
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 83 my_setcookie
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1783 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 42 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 592 mark_thread_read
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1783 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 218 my_set_array_cookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 48 mark_forum_read
/showthread.php 592 mark_thread_read

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh man: Who ends up validating admin dreams?
09-04-2014, 12:07 PM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2014 12:10 PM by Eagle1.)
Oh man: Who ends up validating admin dreams?
Luckily, this one isn't detailed enough to deserve validated recognition, but it does have me wondering....who's going to validate admin dreams?

My dream was about cobra snakes in my dream basement (an unfamiliar basement but I wasn't cognizant enough to determine where I was). but I was concerned for my kids...

Dream: http://www.nationaldreamcenter.com/dream...e_basement

News: http://news.msn.com/us/search-on-for-dea...California

Oh man....these types of news stories don't come along everyday. Here's another: http://abc13.com/pets/police-catch-a-who...ke/294296/

I would imagine if my dream was purely precognitive, we'll see another strange snake headline.

Thanks for the tips, Escholars!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2014, 02:23 PM
RE: Oh man: Who ends up validating admin dreams?
Basement should be worth at least .5. :-)
Find all posts by this user
09-04-2014, 02:54 PM
That much? Big GrinTongueDodgy
09-04-2014, 03:22 PM

Great job on the What, you didn't mention the When or the Where, so those are zero.

I do have to note here, someone else had a dream about being married to robin Williams and snakes biting their children. With this overlap, I believe this has the potential to turn into a meme! Smile

Tȟaté makȟámaniyaŋ wóihaŋble Súŋ
09-04-2014, 03:31 PM
Not so fast Lakota! In the absence of time markers, it defaults to the date of the dream, so within 1 week is 4!

No so sure the What is a full 5, though. Snake issues are a dime-a-dozen, but the fact that it was a cobra I think factors in. Being worried about the children is a big hit too, but the main concept in the news was that the cobra was missing. The cobras in my dream certainly weren't missing!

With or without a score, this one is interesting.
09-04-2014, 04:00 PM
Oh I didn't know that rule when it came to the when... I should relook at my dream scores then.

News
Authorities warned parents to watch their children and keep them away from dark holes after a cobra was seen slithering through a Southern California suburban neighborhood this week.

Dream
I was wondering around my basement. I walked around downstairs to find something, and out in plain sight, a huge cobra snake. One of my kids had just finished playing in the basement.

A Basement is a metaphoric dark hole, don't you agreeʔ

News
"Do not approach it, do not try to capture it, do not try to kill it," said Brandon Dowling, a Los Angeles County spokesman.

Dream
I looked around to figure out what tool I would use to kill these snakes. I wanted a machete, but when I envisioned swinging the blade at the snakes head, that the snake would bypass the blade and sink his teeth into my arm or body. I needed a great big rock. But what if the rock missed...the snake would slither to somewhere where I could not reach him. What a conundrum.

Your thought process in the dream was how to handle the situation, the news directly tells you how to do that.

One metaphor and one actual headline concerning kids and dark holes is a 5, rightʔ

09-04-2014, 04:18 PM
First off, yes on the relooking of your scores. and this goes for everyone. If and when we make changes to the scoring, if you look back at your old scores and see that something would get an improvement, then please tell me and I'll change the score.

IF the new change would decrease the score, don't worry about it, because we can match the date with the change number.

As far as your analysis, it's pretty sound, and I just remarked about that very issue in Elye's submittal. Incredible that we both had overlapping dreams like this within a week of the news.
09-04-2014, 04:41 PM
With Elysa’s dream, Robin Williams represented the suburbs of Hollywood, that is not a stretch, and Hollywood is in California. You gave her a .05.

I personally do not agree with that, I believe she hit the nail on the head with the City, just like someone who describes fall by the color of the leaves on the trees and the weather would on the season.

09-04-2014, 05:08 PM
Oh wait, so you think the city was pegged? I was calculating it from the STate of CA. Remember, we start the scoring assuming that the metaphor perfectly pegged the news, but then if the metaphor wasn't pre-identified, we have to start subtracting.

So, if you're saying that the CITY was pegged by the metaphor, then we begin subtracting starting at 4.0.

- 0.5 right off the bat for an unidentified metaphor
- 1.0 if not everyone would agree with the metaphor
- more if the connection is more than 1 degree away from each other (none in this case)

So if you're right and the city was pegged...then 4.0 - 0.5 - 1.0 = 2.5. Wait a second...If i'm right and the STATE was pegged.. then 3.0 - 0.5 - 1.0 = 1.5 Oops. Her score will change to at least 1.5 depending on how well you can substantiate the city being pegged.
09-04-2014, 05:44 PM
On August 11, 2014, Williams died of an apparent suicide at his home in Paradise Cay, California....

Paradise Cay, Ca. is in the bay area... so maybe you are right with the state. But that would still be higher 1.5 not .05.