Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
80's Jock Movie and Burnt Houses
Strange dream last night. I was so overly tired from yesterday (telemarketers woke me up after only 5 hours sleep and I couldn't go back to bed), that last night when I did get to sleep early, I slept HARD. No real mental baggage except being so tired.

I dream I am at some kind of pep-talk rally, which reminded me of a few frat parties from college so long ago. A bunch of people, gathered around listening to someone talk. It was a beautiful girl, wearing a cheerleader uniform, but she's standing on the porch of a split-level two story house that half the upper roof has been 'removed'. As she speaks (I'm more looking at, and inspecting the missing house roof section), I notice that the upper joists are HUGE, they look like 2x12" beams, and they are singed slightly, like there was a fire. The debris of whatever had happened was all cleaned up, and at first I thought 'house fire', but I got the impression that this rally was related to the house's damaged roof.

It turns out that the girl seemed to be my girlfriend, as we were very amicable to each other. She tolerated me working on the car, which I remembered thinking 'wasn't that good of a car, anyhow", that 'I had a much nicer one like this before it ended'. I then woke up to the thought, 'the damage to the house roof came from above, and the house is in the North, because the roof joists were so large - it was for snow-loading in the winter.