Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A name from the past
19 Feb 2018

I'm standing with a group of people I don't know. We're milling about. I'm by myself, just waiting for whatever is next, I don't know what. I overhear a name I haven't heard in years, a kid with whom I went to high school and considered him a good friend. I turn around and there's three young women chatting behind me. I say, Excuse me, did you mention the name C.S.(Using his initials)? One of the women tells me yes, they were talking about him. I tell them he and I went to high school together, were in band together, and were friends. This seems to awe them. Another girl tells me her father called CS the best sousaphone player in the business. I tell them I agree, that CS had a way with a sousaphone that was magical. Then I tell them that C.S. died over 20 years ago. They ask me if I was sure, and I tell them yes, my sister knew his father, who told her. They seem to be stunned. The one girl says she'll have to tell her father, that he had no idea C.S. was gone.

Yes, C.S. played sousaphone in HS and he went to college and majored in music. And yes, he passed over 20 years ago. Though we were friends in HS, I had lost track of him afterwards and haven't thought about him in years. I have no idea why his name came up in my dreamtime, especially the way it did.
Maybe the veil between the dimensions is very thin right now? Just this morning when I woke up a name came to me of someone I've not thought about for 30+ years. Now I need to do research to see if this person is still here. Sigh!
Interesting. I wonder if you will discover the reason in the new future.
If I do run into her somewhere, she will need to recognise me because I don't remember what she looks like.

(02-23-2018, 09:51 PM)twiceblessed9 Wrote: Interesting.  I wonder if you will discover the reason in the new future.