Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Albany, NY
I had a dream last night that I was in Albany NY. I was near water like a lake or ocean and there were peculiar rock formations sort of like mushrooms that were undercut by erosion. People had hollowed them out and were using them as smokers with the fire in the bottom and the meats in the top. Confirming that Albany wasn't near any large body of water, I came upon a similar thing made of concrete there.
https://www.google.com/search?q=%22alban...ofQkgTM%3A
In silhouette it is virtually identical to the rock formations and it is sitting on the Hudson river I think. I hope it doesn't catch fire... The people smoking the meats looked like colonists or 17th century settlers.
Thanks for your dream cdwarior. Interesting, I wonder if colonists actually used something that that to smoke food.
(11-02-2015, 11:51 AM)cdwarior Wrote: I had a dream last night that I was in Albany NY. I was near water like a lake or ocean and there were peculiar rock formations sort of like mushrooms that were undercut by erosion. People had hollowed them out and were using them as smokers with the fire in the bottom and the meats in the top. Confirming that Albany wasn't near any large body of water, I came upon a similar thing made of concrete there.
In silhouette it is virtually identical to the rock formations and it is sitting on the Hudson river I think. I hope it doesn't catch fire... The people smoking the meats looked like colonists or 17th century settlers.
Rainbow 
(11-02-2015, 11:51 AM)cdwarior Wrote: I had a dream last night that I was in Albany NY. I was near water like a lake or ocean and there were peculiar rock formations sort of like mushrooms that were undercut by erosion. People had hollowed them out and were using them as smokers with the fire in the bottom and the meats in the top. Confirming that Albany wasn't near any large body of water, I came upon a similar thing made of concrete there.

My brother was born in Albany and I had an office there when I worked for Blue Cross BS. Indeed the Hudson River is their body of water although the mighty Hudson dwindles to a creek as it meanders northward.
I've walked over that creek up in the Adirondacks; hard to imagine such a mighty river starts that small.

Not too far south west from there are the magnificent rock formations and cliffs that are world class for mountain climbers outside of New Paltz, toward Kerhonksen.

However, what caught my attention about the bowl shape in the images you sent was the similarity
in a chilling movie called, "The Source Code" that was a destination at the end for a guy (won't do the spoiler thing) who was assigned to find a nuclear bomber aboard a train. The main difference is the round structure in the movie was reflective.