Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "Changed"
Fall of 2015...had this dream...still vivid and makes my heart pound when I recall it...

Something catastrophic has happened. Apparently whatever the event was, it struck without warning. Catching everybody off guard and by surprise. 
I'm in a city...well, what's left anyhow. The buildings, skyscrapers, roads, bridges...all in rubble, destroyed, completely utterly in ruins...
No electricity, no light, except for the fires...telephone poles are burning, buildings, vehicles...we can hardly breathe because of smoke, chemical smells, plastics, metals, its horrible...
There are explosions, from all directions, and screams. Screams of terror, anguish, fear and death...
The sky is a void of darkness, no stars or moon, completely black, except for the glow of red from the fires...
I'm with a small band of survivors. We're a mixed bunch. Trying to escape the horror, to make our way out...
Some of us are "normal" The rest have "changed" The "changed" are no longer human by any stretch of imagination. Soul less, evil, some are wounded but it doesn't stop them. They are super fast, strong, mercifulless, cunning, running, and they are hunting...us, and any like us, the unchanged!
When they see the "unchanged" they run and attack like a pack of wild dogs, tearing and eating their prey, and their appetite is insatiable!
So, here we are, trying to move undetected, to get out of this hell...suddenly, a pack of "changed" run near us! I give a sign, the band freezes, in our tracks, close our eyes, and pray. I feel a Divine Presence, like Angels, cover us...then we hear the "changed" run away, toward the screams of a "unchanged" that has been caught. 
Again, we continue our journey out, away. Knowing to move swiftly, freeze, never let them see our eyes...and pray with every fiber of our being.
Whoa. Seriously intense dream.
Maysea-

My son & I often have dreams of being chased by humans that are as you say "changed;" however, we have always assumed it was just day residue from watching things like the TV show the Walking Dead. But then I came across this article & I'm not so sure anymore.

http://www.futurity.org/rage-mice-brains-1105312-2/

It basically states that scientist have been successful in targeting the area of the brain in mice that controls rage. They are able to switch on/off this aggression at will. Very scary stuff!!
I don't watch movies or shows that have apocalyptic themes. I don't hardly even watch t.v. I've had apocalyptic dreams most of my life, their vivid, disturbing, and I can't help but wonder why the producers feed the people doomsday scenerios.  I'm aware that entire advanced civilizations have vanished from the earth, suddenly, and inexplicably. I am always encouraged when I see simple acts of compassion...believing as long as human beings have the capicity to love, even the smallest of creatures, there is hope.

Also please note, the "changed" were no longer human by any stretch of imagination...soul-less, evil, completely without light. It was as if whatever makes us human beyond the physical body was completely extinguished. Perhaps something alien, foriegn had entered the bodies, maybe a virus had done it? Could be it was more of a spiritual event? Like the souls had been eaten, consumed? What remained was a super-inhuman hunter...and the "unchanged" were, "whats for dinner" Though, please note, the "light" within the "unchanged" provided guidance, shielding, and hope of not just escaping but of beginning anew somewhere else. Though every fiber of the "unchanged" had to attuned and obedient to the I AM...ALPHA and OMEGA.
BEAUUUTIFUL! how you describe the "unchanged." HE wouldn't have it any other way, indeed.

Body-snatchers.....the changed sound literally demonic and not just inhabited by such.

Your dream sounds very realistic and just a horrible.
Reminds me of Stephen King's book "Cell."
DLP...thankyou yet again...I just looked up the "Cell" as I hadn't heard of it before. You are so right, my dream shares so many similiarities. Though I dreamt this Fall 2015...the "Pulse" and also the "Wave" comes into my mind...like a chilling memory...
Also thankyou Nanny yet again as well, yes demonic is right on target...
(05-27-2016, 03:27 PM)DLP Wrote: Reminds me of Stephen King's book "Cell."
Stephen King is one of my favorite authors, and for whatever reason, I can never finish that one. Creeps me out really badly.
King never explains what happened to cause the situation, just that it happened. I suspect that if something similar happens for real, that it will be the result of a huge shift or complete collapse of the planet's electromagnetic field. A pole shift, perhaps?
And maybe I'm being told to suck it up and read it this time.
Maybe. Big Grin
You all are to funny sometimes but I love it! I would rather be chasing butterflies and running with wild ponies in my dreams...but usually I'm in some polar opposite place. I avoid apocalyptic themed movies and books...also to know my dreams aren't influenced by such...lol
It's funny, in that I love spooky books, TV shows and usually go to sleep listening to George Noory on Coast to Coast AM. (It's how I found the NDC as a matter of fact).

But I rarely have monster dreams, and my post apocalyptic dreams are pretty dull, mostly traveling with a group who is my family (but not relations) and we're scavenging for supplies and food. I've seen some strange things in my life, but I'm usually awake..... Big Grin