Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another #GoBackThrowback
I'm in a pickup truck, working on a new business proposal. There is a shelf that runs around the bed of the truck, and I'm sitting there with other people I work with. I'm almost done, and I'm looking for a particular page to make a change to, and no matter how much I scroll back and forth, I can't find the blasted thing as the document keeps changing.

I look up, and next to me is a guy I had a thing for back in college. I haven't seen him since those days, and I'm happy to see him. I tap his hand twice, and he looks up and smiles real big at me. But I look back down at my screen, and when I look up he's gone and I'm incredibly disappointed.

When I look back at the screen, I realize it's now like a small portable DVD player, and hard to see what I'm looking for. But now, interestingly, it appears to also have become interactive, and it has commercials embedded in it, and also live feed from the people around us. Twice I see a commercial with Grimace, the McDonaldland purple monster. The camera is inside the restaurant, and you see Grimace outside in the snow. He comes up to a foggy window and draws a big heart on it with his finger.

I get frustrated and think, this is it, I'm done, and when I go to pop out what I assume to be a disc, it's a 3.5" floppy. I hop out of the truck bed, and narrowly miss getting crushed as a co-worker has decided it needed to be backed up. I go find my boss in a very colorful marketplace. Kind of like what you would see in another country though, lots of booths and people and bartering going on. I hand him the floppy and he just hands it off to his wife, who throws it back to me and insists that I label it. I can't seem to get rid of the thing. I wonder who in the heck even has a label template for these crappy things anymore.
"What was, will be again" - first thought I had, after reading this, Goldengirl!

BTW, I liked Hamburgler better....but I think that dates us both...I don't think either has been on a commercial running around in a suit since the early 80's.
This goes along with windy's thyme/time apple dream from today. I am on my phone so it is a bit difficult to link.
(04-24-2016, 12:09 PM)Skeetersaurus Wrote: "What was, will be again" - first thought I had, after reading this, Goldengirl!

BTW, I liked Hamburgler better....but I think that dates us both...I don't think either has been on a commercial running around in a suit since the early 80's.

Pretty funny I had to look up the character because I couldn't remember his name. Apparently he was originally called Evil Grimace in '72. Then later he kept morphing into a more lovable character. I don't remember the Evil moniker at all.

(04-24-2016, 05:29 PM)twiceblessed9 Wrote: This goes along with windy's thyme/time apple dream from today. I am on my phone so it is a bit difficult to link.

Thanks Twice - also on my phone. Will go look at the dream when I get a bigger screen going LOL
Here you go:

http://nationaldreamcenter.com/forum18/T...ware-Crash
Wow, sudden realization! A few days ago, someone had a dream post on NDC that mentioned 'black and white stripes', then I had the dream for the NY Yankees uniform, then the topic come up that I would mention the Hamburgler in forum.

What's up with all the 'jailsuit stripes'?

Something lurks beneath the surface on the striped suits, me-thinks.
(04-24-2016, 11:00 PM)Skeetersaurus Wrote: Wow, sudden realization! A few days ago, someone had a dream post on NDC that mentioned 'black and white stripes', then I had the dream for the NY Yankees uniform, then the topic come up that I would mention the Hamburgler in forum.

What's up with all the 'jailsuit stripes'?

Something lurks beneath the surface on the striped suits, me-thinks.

As I read this the words "concentration camps" popped into my head and I was reminded of the photos I've seen of prisoner in the camps wearing striped clothing.