Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big waves hit a resort
I was on the second or third floor of a hotel overlooking the ocean. The resort was right on the oceanfront. There were fairly large waves, with a lot of people surfing and boogie boarding. The wave intensity started picking up. There was at least one person in the water, who I recall exclaiming to another about he hadn't remembered how much fun it was to be wake boarding; he was not wake boarding, he was boogie boarding.

The waves started to pick up in intensity even more at this point. I ran around a corner, some others followed me. I looked back, there was a very large wave coming it; it struck the hotel, but was slightly below the level we were at. The hotel had recesses in it where you could hide from the waves. I was in one recess, a lady was in the one nearer the ocean to me. She was relieved, saying "that was close". I looked and saw an even bigger wave coming in, and told her "its not over yet". I found something to grab onto; the wave swept over and crashed onto the grounds, I was submerged. I was surprised that I didn't really need to hold on, and wasn't smashed into the wall. The wave went by; I got out from the recess and ran to be behind the building away from the ocean.

The building was off white in color; it was not stucco, it was a smooth painted concrete surface. I didn't look up, but the building was very large for a hotel.

Prior to going to sleep, I thought hard on "where". The image that popped into my head was a palm tree. Based on the hotel, I didn't have the impression of Southern California. Miami/Florida, Puerto Rico, or Hawaii would all fit.

I didn't get a when from any of this. It was daylight when the waves hit.