Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CERN, could photoshop do this? Folks debate this weird sky, real or fake?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ility.html

Just because this is near CERN makes me think "oh heck yeah, this is real." Probably is, but I wasn't an eyewitness.
Not photoshop, but video editing software could. What looks fake to me is the fact that there is a TON of swirling going on around the UFO, but the clouds in the background don't seem to move much at all. Someone could have made the video with the scripted dialogue, then gone back in and edited in the UFO and swirling clouds overlay.

That's the problem with all this today. The software has gotten so sophisticated, and so easy to use, anything can be done. Heck, Photoshop has a Content Aware tool, that allows you to select a fill area, then choose content aware and the program fills in with surrounding data. Great for extending skies and water. All you have to do then is go in and clean up the edges and no one is the wiser. Takes all of a few minutes.
(01-08-2016, 11:37 AM)Goldengirl Wrote: Not photoshop, but video editing software could. What looks fake to me is the fact that there is a TON of swirling going on around the UFO, but the clouds in the background don't seem to move much at all. Someone could have made the video with the scripted dialogue, then gone back in and edited in the UFO and swirling clouds overlay.

That's the problem with all this today. The software has gotten so sophisticated, and so easy to use, anything can be done. Heck, Photoshop has a Content Aware tool, that allows you to select a fill area, then choose content aware and the program fills in with surrounding data. Great for extending skies and water. All you have to do then is go in and clean up the edges and no one is the wiser. Takes all of a few minutes.

I agree, Goldengirl - The CGI used in videos these days are unreal and so many people are using it to fool people into believing them. I used to watch certain people's videos on YouTube, but don't anymore, because it's become more about getting more viewers for them. Getting people to become "followers". It's a huge competition between these folks, so they've resorted to faking videos and have been caught doing it.

Unless it's a music video, a commercial, or a movie preview, pretty much everything else has become all b.s. on YouTube for me. Unless it's some unknown from out of nowhere posting a video or a large group of people saw something and it made the news even, I don't really buy any of it anymore.