Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
China and the Afghan Market
I am shopping in an ethnic market. They have a bin or oranges and an asian man in a black suit comes in and is very interested in these oranges but the shop keeper tells him that there is a limit of 2 per customer. The man gets frustrated and leaves. I ask what is so special about the oranges and he says that they are from Afghanistan and are very rare and valuable. The asian man returns with a group of Chinese military soldiers dressed in combat uniforms. They each buy 2 oranges so all the oranges are gone. As he is leaving, the man interrogates the shop keeper asking how in the world he managed to get these oranges.

I continue shopping and purchase some sandwiches, some ethnic chocolate, and a bunch of other stuff and my bill ends up very high, like $74 and I was trying to calculate a tip for some reason. My wife comes up and is upset that I spent so much. As we were getting ready to leave a young man in a wheelchair come through the store and the shop keeper knows him. He is excited to see this man come back. The man is skinny, has a thin face, about 25 years old and is unshaven and a bit dirty. I learn that he has returned from Afghanitan and had lost a leg to a landmine there when he was younger.