Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chinese Opera
Weird dream today.
The Chinese Opera was coming town and apparently it was a HUGE deal. I don't remember all of the dream . There was only one performance. What I do remember was my daughter was going to go with her class on a field trip to see the Opera. I went to the ticket venue early to secure my own individual ticket and dropped off my daughter to be with her class. I told her where I would meet her after the show and said goodbye.
My extended family of 3 ( not real life family) had tickets also and we all decided to wait in line to get inside the event. They had special VIP seats The line was huge. Longer than any Disney ride line I have seen. Hours and hours of a wait. The line wrapped up and down staircases, through parking structures and industrial buildings and around blocks and blocks of buildings. Halfway through the time I spent waiting in line, I realized I never actually purchased a ticket and knew that it would likely be too late once I got to the front of the line. I decided to stay with my expended family and just gracefully separate from them once at the entrance. When we reached the entrance, I was told there was a secondary room where the opera could be watched "live on a jumbo screen" for no fee. I told the relatives I would see them after the performance and headed to this secondary building. The " secondary" building was bigger then the largest symphony hall I had ever seen. It was beautiful. filled with chandeliers and ornate decor. Between the real event building and the secondary building, the amount of people who would be watching the opera was well over 100 thousand. It was hard to wrap my mind over that number. TO my surprise, the relatives decided to sit with me and scrap their VIP seats. I was surprised and warmed by the gesture.
I love this dream. It has wonderful messages in it. (I don't know why Chinese opera was a part of the setting, but the message is stellar)

You stayed with your extended family till the entrance, there is true loyalty and love. You didn't get jealous that they had tickets and stood there with them knowing you'd gracefully and HUMBLY leave the line since you didn't have a ticket.
Then, your reward was a fantastic surprise of where the secondary audience was. Sorta the surprise a lot of souls will get when welcomed into Heaven, I think. We won't think WE get a wonderful part it, heck after the life a lot of us lived we're just gonna be thankful to get one toe into Heaven, yet I think some of the most humble will be very surprised at where they are taken.

Your loved ones that left their VIP area for you were rewarded also.
A bit of history of Chinese opera: http://asianhistory.about.com/od/arthist...gOpera.htm

I was struck by the line of people waiting to get into the theater. How you realized you had no ticket, thus you weren't ready/prepared to enter the theater. Yet all was not lost, you were offered an alternative that turned out to be a good choice, including the fact your family chose to stay with you than take advantage of their privilege(the VIP tickets).

I agree with Nanny. Overall this dream has a warm feeling to it.