Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
City Baseball
The world is in disarray.  I am walking on a large hillside towards a major road route, which leads into the city.  I see a professional or semi-professional baseball game being played in the middle of the road.  In the next scene, I'm in the team's uniform (red, white and blue) like the Montreal Expo's uniforms, standing on the third baseline, observing the game.  Next scene I'm in the game.  Their shortstop is a woman, who I get a sense is the best player on the team and the only one not in a uniform (dressed in a blue dress).  She throws the ball down the 3rd baseline towards home.  The 3rd baseman is directly in front of me, in line of the throw. He stepped back from the throw and allowed it to pass past him. Similarly, I allowed it to pass past me, immediately noticing the discuss in the shortstops eyes. I said, was that throw for me, she said YEEAAHH!!!  I turn to see the catcher was out of position and miss it at home plate.

The ball rolled down the hill, I knew I could have reached it but refused to move fast enough. The baseball picked up speed rolling down the humongous hill along the curb. I could see the ball getting wet from the over grown vegetation hanging over the curb.  No one takes care of their properties or trims the vegetation. I knew the ball had travelled at least 1/2 mile to 1 mile, and by the time I would catch-up with it; it would probably travel another 1/2 mile.  But, I felt a overwhelming sense that I let the team down and needed to prove that I would go to any length to make it right. Also, baseballs are a luxury, expense and are hard to find in this day and age.  As I travel down road, I see my boss.  He says, "let it go!"   I say, "I can't."  I ask him to get the car but, I know the car is to far away.  He has bad knees, and I'm moving to fast and he can't to be of any help.  A lady appears with and says, "I have keys." I a helping voice.  I turn to see she has gold keys on a golden key ring.  I say, "I see no car," and continue on my way.  I see the ball rolling along the curb in the distance, getting wetter as it rolls under the overgrown vegetation.  As I get closer to the city, I see a young homeless child picking up items from the side of the road, I wonder if he's found my baseball. I decided he has and follow him.  He leads to a large group of homeless kids. I ask them if they have found my baseball. They bring out a host of waterlogged baseballs that have obviously sat under the overgrown vegetation. I said, "no its a new baseball, not waterlogged."  They just stared at me, and just then I remember I had $11 in pant pocket. I told the oldest kid there, "I'll give your $10, in normal times you could have bought 10 brand new baseball for that."  He looked at the youngest member of the group and he pulled out the my baseball. We exchange $10 for the ball.  The dream ended.
Man, there's a lot going on in this dream!

Are you a baseball fan?
More a Big Hockey Fan! I don't remember many dreams but when I do, I remember them in detail....