Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Toke Over The Line, 6/19/18
This song has been in my head the past couple of days. So this morning I did some Google searching and found that the song was on the Lawrence Welk show! Needed something to make me laugh this morning.  Big Grin   The videos are posted below.  

For those of you who don't know, this song is about drugs, especially marijuana. Tom Shipley explained: "When we wrote 'One Toke Over the Line,' I think we were one toke over the line.

Some radio stations refused to play this song because of the drug references, but not everyone got this meaning. In 1971 the song was performed on the Lawrence Welk Show by the wholesome-looking couple Gail Farrell and Dick Dale, who clearly had NO clue what a toke was. Welk, at the conclusion of the performance of the song, remarked, without any hint of humor, "there you've heard a modern spiritual by Gail and Dale."

hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahhahahhah.......ahh......hahahahahahahah!!!!!!!

Hilarious! And so wholesome they are too! Big Grin
The Lawrence Welk show as the only TV show my grandmother would watch. She would say it was the only place besides church where they played music she could listen to. Big Grin
Hahahahahaha!