Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Directional Dreaming (N,S,E,W)
Andy writes me this:

Consideration: are your dreamers sleeping facing magnetic north? South? Cayce was the best. He slept north for one type of reading and south for another type. Don't have to reinvent the wheel. Helped him, my help them.

Who has experience here? Anyone trying it?
I sleep facing east.
Bed to heavy to move!
Wow! learn something every day and not even Mama knew abougt this one. (she was Cherokee but many of the old ways had already died-out with grandparents)

Does facing East have any special purpose? I face East-North-East when sleeping. Just curious.
rise to greet the sun was what I was told as a child!
I sleep with my head pointed north.
I hadn't thought that this could change my dreams. That's interesting, will have to try different positions.
I know Theosophy talks about this extensively, but I don't remember what the teachings say. Shame on me! I've also seen it used for certain meditation practices and out of body work. I believe the concept or theory is grounded in the lay lines. As you align to the patterns of the planet's energy, you get different results. That's the theory anyway.
Y'all's comments now bring to mind the old "pyramid power" of the seventies. Vague now, but supposedly one of the myriad of things it could be used for was to sharpen old razor blades! I would think knives, too.

If the pyramid was pointed the right direction, but wait, with side of it? LOL...something about direction did matter....it worked. Sleep was talked about, too. Yes, sounded like some cool hippies and open-minded folks had a pyramid over their beds. As I recall, the pyramid could be out of any material, that it was the shape that mattered. well, but then am I remembering well at all? I'm nearing sixty, grin.
Thank you, DreamWeaver! Yes, East makes sense since the sun rises in the East and bible says The Son will rise in the East upon His return. I dig it. Glad I happen to face not-quite due-East as I sleep and arise.
Like Edna, the physical constraints of the room and bed are such that I am sleeping with my head facing west for the time being.  But the possibility that my head is in the wrong direction has occurred to me, and have considered experimenting with naps lying in different directions, but on the floor is the only option.  

However, I had a strong experience one time in July 2011 when I fell asleep (accidentally … was resting & listening to radio) on my office floor, in the dark, sleeping on a north / south axis, (cannot recall which direction my head was in.)  However, I fell asleep on the floor there and had a strong dream that I was sleeping on the office floor on an east / west axis, head to the east.  I turned my head around toward the door, which was to my north.  My partner walked in with our cat Rocketman in his arms.  I attempted to say something to them in greeting, but my voice didn’t seem to work.  [Rocketman passed away about one month prior to this dream.]  Everything in the dream felt very real; it was like Rocketman with my partner had come in to check on me.  No perceived dream distortion.  END

I woke up and found my body actually lying on a n/s axis, while had been dreaming of lying with head to east.  Immediately upon waking I was very dizzy, and completely disoriented.  I had been so convinced I was lying e/w.  Waking up and finding my body in nearly the same location on the floor as I had dreamt of being, but facing a different direction, was very disorienting.  My partner was sleeping in physical life and perhaps did come to check up on me (in his nonphysical body, with a nonphysical cat whom we miss) because he felt me fall asleep elsewhere, instead of in bed.

I experimented some with directions in my 20s and did not notice a huge difference in dreaming patterns.  Mostly I have heard recommendations to sleep with head to north.  I would think that different people, who have different energy, would be suited for various directions.  At least I hope so, since some of us would have to go to great extremes to change the direction we sleep in.  Also different directions could be availed of for different purposes.  

The best case would be that intuitively I set the room up as ideally as possible, including for dreaming; would rather believe that than to believe I messed up in the arrangement, because the room is small and shaped in such a way I had no other options besides very poor arrangement of furniture.
Interesting observation. I sleep with my head pointed north (and strangely, that is the way I have slept for many years now). I am a 'flopper', though - and now that this is brought up, I will have to observe when I receive my most 'illuminating' dreams - when I am facing East, or West. (I feel that there is probably an obvious answer to this, but I have not paid attention until now, to answer this question). I know that in 'deep-meaning dreams', I normally wake up thirsty, and go to get a drink and make a few notes before returning to bed (I leave a tablet by my writing table, so I don't wake up fully, else I could never get back to sleep).

I'll have to watch now, and see which 'side' is more 'informational', and which is more 'fluff-and-stuff'. (I am pretty sure, the more I think about it, that the illumination comes when facing East, but will have to confirm first).