Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you believe animals have souls? I've wondered a lot lately about this~
Just a maybe silly ramble here, but I have the need to get this out.
When I hear a christmas story is it? say "not a soul in sight" oh I forget where I've heard this, I think yes, surely all living, breathing, bleeding creatures have a soul though not all have to answer judgement for right and wrong.

Do you think they have a soul? dogs, cats, horses, dolphins, such intelligence in so many of them!

Two hours ago we had to say goodbye to our one dog, our 13yr. old German Shepherd. The vet came here so that was nicer to say bye with her on her favorite bed and all.

Such intelligence in her eyes, so friendly with the vet and yet when it was time to be placed on her bed...she went the other way from hubby and I. Heck yeah she sensed something or maybe there's more intelligent knowing there than we know, and she really knew and didn't want to go yet. But...her body was very damaged from something like a stroke. It was cruel to have her struggle to walk straight and couldn't even make her water bowl. I know, too many details.

I don't know what happens to our pets in eternity. Like other souls are they aware, or just become a part of the earth and no awareness. I just know in those eyes is an intelligent awareness of some level, however lesser than us it likely is.

So, asking in case anyone will share their beliefs or their knowledge of such a thing.
Beautiful! You're one of those souls that animals are drawn to. It speaks volumes about your golden soul.

I'll peek in chat, would love to but I don't get to hang for long. Been up about 20hrs. and this old lady is feeling it, seriously.

Yes, she knew and even when the vet said she was gone and that muscle movements were involuntary, I mean had said that ahead of time.....then when he said she was gone, she opened her mouth at least an inch wide, twice!

We think she had another stroke last night and this one unlike one years ago did powerful damage. She could not even drink from her water bowl all day, couldn't eat since previous night, and would walk towards us and go left, etc.

It's late so I'll check chat and I thank you very much for your love and prayers. Prayers are the greatest gift in the world, IMO and patience is the second.

I know tomorrow I'm gonna be blessed to reread this post of yours. I'm so fatigued now it's like after flying a red-eye, the next morning almost.
hugs~
My dog was 13 also when I had to put her to sleepa few years ago. I think I had a mini nervous breakdown when she passed on. The Bible says the Good Lord wants to give us the desires of our heart in Heaven. One of my desires is to see her there and for us to be together for eternity, so I am fully expecting to see her there.

Sometimes before I go to sleep at night I ask to dream about heaven and end up dreaming about my dog. I still love her very much. What's interesting is when I dream about her, she is sleeping in a yard among other sleeping dogs. It is like she senses my walking into the yard, opens her eyes, gets up and walks over to me like she has been waiting and knew I would come to get her. When I look around at the other dogs, I sense the same thing, like they are sleeping, waiting for their loved one to pick them up. There are people there who are caring for the dogs and love them very much. It is a beautiful place and very peaceful. I sensed a great deal of happiness from the people when my dog and I are reunited.

So Yes, I have hope and will continue to believe.
Yes. I know this it is true. It is human arrogance to think any other beings/creatures can't have souls. If we breathe, if our hearts beat, if we live, if we feel, we have a soul. Doesn't matter if we're finned, furred, feathered, four-legged, two-legged, winged, scaled, creepy-crawly, or whatever. We have a soul.

I have Seen animals after they cross. They don't go to nothingness. They continue on. One of our cats who crossed is part of the land and works with the land guardians here. He keeps one of the land guardians company and is sometimes joined by our other cats who have crossed. Sometimes I See them playing amongst the trees in the back, flashes of black, gray, and tiger-stripe amongst the plants and bushes.

Nanny: Animals don't see death the way we do. For them, it is a part of life, a passage to another life. What they do grieve is how it affects their people, those whom they love and whom they came to serve and teach. If your dog seemed to withdraw as her time drew near, it may have been her way of saying goodbye and attempting to lessen your pain at her departure. It may also have been her soul was already on its way, it was just a matter of the physical body letting go its hold on her spirit. But you can rest assured she left this existence with love for you. And she carries that love with her still.
Julie, your entire post is wonderful, and this "I ask to dream about heaven and end up dreaming about my dog." gives me great hope! Wow...what a blessing. It's like an answer/proof because you ask to dream Heaven and look what the dream is!

DLP, that's also great hope that you see your cats, thank you! (thanks to both of you)
One of the things standing-out at me of a day that's a blur in ways (yesterday) is that of all her suffering, her walking so much and I knew she was trying to feel and be normal is that...
in the last hour of life she got more still, coming up beside me like old times. She sniffed my feet and then hands each, slowly. She stayed with me for me to talk to her of Jesus/my personal beliefs and how the suffering was soon over, with lots of petting.

This reminded me of when our relatives have died and near the last, be it days or last hour, they've made an improvement and we communicated before they "zoned out" that final time. Spirit really does gift us these things.