Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dreams from the past that still reverberate with meaning...
I'm interested in dreams not only predicting the future, but those that reverberate from the past. There are messages in those too, that teach us what dreaming means. While the dream/intent phenonmena is like an open stream of information that helps us to predict and shape our future, there are also things that teach us.

For example, I have a dream from the past I have never shared because I was warned not to. What does that mean? Why would I be so advised? I have some ideas about that now.

How much trouble have you had when you tried to share a predictive dream?

Please feel free to reply or PM me with your thoughts. I will probably begin sharing soon in this forum. Maybe even today!

Smile  Smile Heart
Normally messages are prevented from being shared when the receiver isn't ready for the message. Perhaps the people you were around weren't ready for the message. I would be surprised if the the general consciousness in this forum isn't ready, but I'll let you be the gauge. I for one am super curious your older dreams.

Welcome to the forum and I hope you find it inspiring, beneficial, and even fun!
So true! Im guessing we precognitive dreamers have had to deal wiith subtle or overt suppression from day 1.

But in one particular dream, the attached warning was deadly serious. I suppose it's safe to share it now that the events are in the past.

I'd like to post it somewhere, but I have about a dozen such dreams that I remember. In several cases the events were far from miscellaneous.

Would it make sense to create an archive or repository for old dreams? I'm not sure I feel comfortable posting that many entries in this section. But I have a strong desire to share them.
 You're right....here in this forum there's no place to differentiate between old dreams and new ones. However, just like the old dreambase, we'll be tracking the actual dream date. Your dreams exemplify why this is important. So I think I'm going to do something a little different here.

I'm going to send you over to the new site, which is still under construction, and you'll put your dreams over there. That way, the actual dream date will be included in the dream writeup. If we get delayed in going live over there, we can easily copy/paste some or all of those dreams over here, but we won't duplicate into the dream forum, but somewhere else like you suggested. Remind me in a couple of days if you haven't received a PM. There are a couple of issues I need the developer to fix on that site before I can send you over there.
That sounds great. I'll look forward to hearing from you. Thanks Eagle1!
MIght have to come up with plan B. I was handed our new site yesterday to test out, and OMG....so many catastrophic problems. My heart sinks. Even if he can fix all these problems, the code is getting just so complicated and unwieldy. Will keep you informed.
I had a dream or vision like that in 1992 that was telling me about a complete sea-change in my life. It was like stepping into an alternative, interactive, symbolic reality. When I came back to this reality, I could not speak for several hours, and was not able to tell my wife about it until nearly a week later-- and I could not stop crying during the telling. I could not tell anyone else about it for months, and even a couple of years after the event, I would still tell it with tears flowing.

For me this was a powerful dream or vision (still not sure which) that continues to have unfolding meaning in my life 23 years later.

So Chromalyn, it could be that you are not to share the dream because it's primarily for you, or that sharing it could have adverse consequences for others, or for some other reason; Do you know why you are not to share the dream? Is it permanently not for sharing, or perhaps OK to share later, but not now? Could it be shared with maybe one or two persons very close to you, or not shared with anyone at all? Or like me, is sharing it soon after the dream very difficult because (perhaps) your nervous system has gone on 'tilt' and you temporarily do not have the resources to bring it forth?

I find that my meaningful dreams/visions become 'objects' in a way, and for several days after dreaming them, I can ask them questions and get clarification of points I did not understand, Sometimes the extra information only provides more mystery, so no guarantees there-- But I wonder if asking questions of your dream could help you.

Whatever the reason, whenever you have an extremely meaningful dream, I urge you to write it down as soon as possible after dreaming it. Include every detail you remember, even if it seems small and boring or not significant. Do this because our memories are structured such that the details of stories we tell multiple times will gradually drift. We think we remember something that was in a dream from 10 years ago, but it really wasn't. If you write it all down carefully with every detail, you can look at the record later to confirm your memory. Sometimes you get insights from how your memory has drifted.

Also write down what you think the dream is telling you, if you think you know--Or write down that you have no idea, if you don't.

--ablelba

(07-11-1974, 10:29 AM)chromalyn Wrote: I'm interested in dreams not only predicting the future, but those that reverberate from the past. There are messages in those too, that teach us what dreaming means. While the dream/intent phenonmena is like an open stream of information that helps us to predict and shape our future, there are also things that teach us.

For example, I have a dream from the past I have never shared because I was warned not to. What does that mean? Why would I be so advised? I have some ideas about that now.

How much trouble have you had when you tried to share a predictive dream?

Please feel free to reply or PM me with your thoughts. I will probably begin sharing soon in this forum. Maybe even today!

Smile  Smile Heart
Dear ablelba,
Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm sorry for the sadness. In 1972, I was warned about an impending personal tragedy that had a powerful impact on my life. In my case, it was a great act of love and compassion to be told in advance what was coming. But I didn't figure that out until recently. I didn't even remember the dream for decades.

In 1991, I had a series of dreams that were connected. In this case, the embedded warning was not transpersonal. It felt like a warning to not speak, or else become a victim of a very large and intricate plot. But since immediate danger has passed, I'll tell you now.

The dreams were in late 1990, when the public was aware that we were heading into a war.

This dream came as part of three dreams in sequence, finishing off with a terrifying and very archetypal vision. In this dream, there were several very tall buildings in a square in Manhattan. There was one building in the center which suffered damage and leaned into the one to its left from my vantage point. I had a very powerful sense of threat from a governmental intelligence branch. The warning was internal, to not talk of this dream. It was a very quick dream. Not a lot of detail. A few years later, as history now confirms, there was the truck bomb under the WTC. Then a decade later, 911. I'm not sure which event I was being warned about. Perhaps they are connected. I suppose it's safe to mention now, being so long after the fact.

In the other two dreams, one warned about the loss of our constitution via a man in high power. The image was of the falling of the American flag, which had been held aloft over us like a protecting canopy. The supports which held it up were being taken down via legal but unethical manipulation. We now have the Patriot Act or NDAA, and many other threats to our civil liberties, including now verified information that we are being being spied on in dragnet fashion by the certain agencies.

The most frightening dream showed scenes of devastation and horror like that of a war. My consciousness connected with that of Saddam Hussein and I experienced that he was no longer human, that his agenda was connected to one of extraterrestrial origin. In the dream I attempted to awaken his humanity. I felt an existential threat here, as in, Hussein, or his ET entities, wished to bring an end to the human race on Earth.

Finally, a vision occurred while I was cooking, and my apartment was filling with smoke while I was paralyzed by the vision. I saw a huge bestial creature with wings, as in biblical tales of Armageddon. It unfolded it's wings and thousands upon thousands of smaller demons flew out. This coincided with the beginning of the war.

Eagle1,

I understand a little of what you are experiencing, having been part of multiple rollouts of different, data-driven web technologies. Many fires to douse. I am sure I speak for the others to say our thoughts are with you and your team, as you tackle these challenges.
Hi Chromalyn,
I have been reading "The Red Book" by Carl Jung (father of Jungian psychiatry). In the years before World War I, Jung had a series of terrifying visions and dreams about the coming world wars. When their details started to manifest in real life, he began to try to understand how and why this was happening to him. Jung's experience seems very much like your own.
Others (Clif High for example) think that large future events send bow-waves rippling into their past/our present, where people detect them and get some details about what is coming. So maybe you caught some bow-waves from 2001.

In my case, the tears were not from sadness, but more from being overwhelmed; My dream/vision happened after I checked into a hotel on the West Coast (US). I was traveling alone, and had an appointment to meet some out of town guests that night, and thought I would take a short nap beforehand.
As soon as I laid back on the bed, I was thrown into a 3-D, alternate reality or vision. I was on a mountaintop, flat and circular, with blue sky overhead. Light but no sun. There were two trees. The closer tree was a Japanese cherry tree in full flower of springtime, about 15 feet high. The far tree was an oak tree about 100 feet high with dark green leaves, and full of nearly ripe acorns from top to bottom, like they are in early Fall. I walked around, touched the trees, took a close look at the ground beneath. I could see my hands, open and shut my eyes just like being anywhere else. It was extremely surprising and rather frightening to be there. I asked questions aloud--there was no room-echo, just like being on top of a mountain. No answer either, but I had the impression that the message was in the trees themselves. Then it ended, and I was suddenly back in the hotel room.
I wrote it all down the next day, so maybe I will post it when the website is revamped...

(04-04-2015, 09:40 AM)chromalyn Wrote: Dear ablelba,
Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm sorry for the sadness. In 1972, I was warned about an impending personal tragedy that had a powerful impact on my life. In my case, it was a great act of love and compassion to be told in advance what was coming. But I didn't figure that out until recently. I didn't even remember the dream for decades.

In 1991, I had a series of dreams that were connected. In this case, the embedded warning was not transpersonal. It felt like a warning to not speak, or else become a victim of a very large and intricate plot. But since immediate danger has passed, I'll tell you now.

The dreams were in late 1990, when the public was aware that we were heading into a war.

This dream came as part of three dreams in sequence, finishing off with a terrifying and very archetypal vision. In this dream, there were several very tall buildings in a square in Manhattan. There was one building in the center which suffered damage and leaned into the one to its left from my vantage point. I had a very powerful sense of threat from a governmental intelligence branch. The warning was internal, to not talk of this dream. It was a very quick dream. Not a lot of detail.  A few years later, as history now confirms, there was the truck bomb under the WTC.  Then a decade later, 911. I'm not sure which event I was being warned about. Perhaps they are connected. I suppose it's safe to mention now, being so long after the fact.

In the other two dreams, one warned about the loss of our constitution via a man in high power. The image was of the falling of the American flag, which had been held aloft over us like a protecting canopy. The supports which held it up were being taken down via legal but unethical manipulation. We now have  the Patriot Act or NDAA, and many other threats to our civil liberties, including now verified information that we are being being spied on in dragnet fashion by the certain agencies.

The most frightening dream showed scenes of devastation and horror like that of a war.  My consciousness connected with that of Saddam Hussein and I experienced that he was no longer human, that his agenda was connected to one of extraterrestrial origin. In the dream I attempted to awaken his humanity. I felt an existential threat here, as in, Hussein, or his ET entities, wished to bring an end to the human race on Earth.

Finally, a vision occurred while I was cooking, and my apartment was filling with smoke while I was paralyzed by the vision. I saw a huge bestial creature with wings, as in biblical tales of Armageddon. It unfolded it's wings and thousands upon thousands of smaller demons flew out. This coincided with the beginning of the war.

Eagle1,

I understand a little of what you are experiencing, having been part of multiple rollouts of different, data-driven web technologies. Many fires to douse. I am sure I speak for the others to say our thoughts are with you and your team, as you tackle these challenges.
Hey, you two. This material that you are talking about is just the stuff that I was hoping for in this website! I LOVE this conversation. I don't want to push my perspectives onto anyone at this point, and nor do I have the time today to add meaningful content here. I just wanted to express my applause for you being so open and philosophical here. Blessings,
Eagle
Hi ablelba,

I really love the works of Carl Jung. I do recall this very memorable story which impressed me. He was a visionary and a Sensitive.

I agree that events that impact humanity send ripples through time and Sensitives or people who are open will pick up the impressions. I also believe there is something divine at work, something that loves us deeply, that wants us to use our abilities and bring out that which is within us to save humanity. It is my hope that the projects associated with NDC can help play a role in us unlocking our hidden and true potential.

Your dream sounds very interesting, more of a vision. Packed with symbols. Have you added it to the dream base? I'd love to read more.
Hello Chromalyn,

I have not been active on this site for over a year, due to a complex move and job change. If you are still out there, I have located the account of my old vision, posted as;

Two Trees-Vision from 1992

Wishing you all the best,
ablelba