Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EXCELLENT Dream Software
As most know, I'm a real advocate for Linux systems (My favorite is Ubuntu, but other kinds are out there). Think of it as 'a free operating system that is nearly virus-proof, more stable, far less nosy, and a lot more secure than Windows.

{IF YOU ARE A WINDOWS USER - STAY WITH ME FOR A MOMENT...}

That said, most aren't comfortable with the idea of change (FYI, if you've ever used an Apple computer, it's a lot the same for Linux...easier than you think).

Within Ubuntu, there is a place called 'the Software Center', where you can go and browse for free software (a lot like an APP store for Android). Some really, really good stuff is there, too. I happened upon a 'DIARY' program there that I thought I would try out, and started using it a couple of weeks ago. I could never imagined how powerful it was!

The program (is FREE), and is called 'RedNotebook' (one word).  You open it, it goes to your current day. From there, you can key in your notes, memos, etc. for that day (basically, an active directory), HOWEVER, if you also use the TAGS and WORDS option, it can ALSO give you the 'most significant' words from across your diary entries, etc. (kinda like a BOT). With the calendar at the side, you can easily go to any given day, search for what you want across all days, etc.

FOR THE WINDOWS USERS OUT THERE...

you can download RedNotebook for free, too! go take a look at:
http://rednotebook.sourceforge.net

It is now available for Windows, Linux and Apple iOS

Its FREE...what's to lose?
Thanks Skeeter! Cuz I'm an Apple girl.... Big Grin
I thought all the system users would like that link, since it applies to all modern systems.

While porting a program to various platforms actually only requires the code, a compiler and linker, the larger programs seldom get ported to all systems because of CPU architecture differences and linking problems.

I always admire those who give a program away for free, and have ported it to all current systems. My favorite (and most-powerful) office software is LibreOffice 5.1, for this same reason. Then again, I despise greed, so it goes to figure that the most limited software out there is often the most-nosy, most-expensive, and most-restrictive.