Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Following the yellow brick road
This was a meditation vision from a few weeks ago. I don't remember the exact date.

My intention was to learn what I needed to know, what was important for me to know.

I'm standing at the beginning of a yellow brick pathway. Two of my teachers are with me, one on each side. I eye the brick path and say, Really? The Wizard of Oz? One of my teachers tells me that they use the symbols that are familiar to help impart the message given. Oh-kay. Guess we're off to see the wizard then. We start walking along the path. It's a nice day for a hike and we wend our way through meadows and lightly forested areas. I talk with my teachers and they chat back with me.

We reach a big field of red poppies. I look out over the field and ask if I need to be concerned about falling asleep because the poppy field in the movie put the characters to sleep. No, I'm told, I'm awake and will not fall asleep again. We enter the field. I realize there are people asleep all over the field. Before I can ask, one of my teachers explains these are the people who are still asleep and those who choose to remain asleep. Unfortunately, he adds, this includes those who have been called and do not desire to answer the call. Green pin people, I say, a reference to a map I saw in another vision. Yes, I'm told.

Then we're in the wizard's chamber. Much smoke and bellowing, but I'm not really paying attention. I tell my teachers that I'm already aware that the wizard is just for show, that the real wizard is behind the curtain. They lead me behind the curtain and there's a man operating a console, oblivious to our presence. The wizard, I say. Got it. No, my teachers tell me, I do not see the full story. They lead me behind a partition into a darkened area, where the only light is that which comes from the lights on a control board. There are shadowy people moving around, operating the control board, people I can't see clearly. My teachers tell me these are the true wizards, those who manipulate in the darkness and behind the scenes, that they control those whom we believe to be in charge. These wizards are the true powers.

We're back on the yellow brick path again, walking into a dark forest. In the distance I see a large mountain, dark and forbidding. I've seen this mountain in dreams and visions for several years but I still don't understand the significance so I ask about the mountain, if it's the home of the wicked witch of the east and what was next, the flying monkey? I'm told to look at the sky, so I do. I see creatures flying around and say seriously? My teachers don't reply and I get the vibe they're waiting for me to really LOOK at the flying creatures so I do. This time I see that what I thought were flying monkeys were really dragons. I ask if this means the dragons are the "bad guys." No, I'm told, not all the dragons, that I know that not all the dragons desire ill for humans. However, understand that there are those who have been taught to fear all dragons, no matter what and no matter why, so my task will be all the more difficult because I will need to stand against such thinking to stand for the dragons. Oh-kay. But what about the wicked witch? I wonder. My teachers chuckle and I'm told that the scenario is a metaphor, not a faithful rendering. IOW, just because they opted to use "The Wizard of Oz" to impart information didn't mean it would be an exact copy. However, I was told, there did not need to be a wicked witch, considering the true wizards would cause enough mischief as they worked to gain their goals, which was to control all humanity.

Notes:

This was the first time my teachers have pulled from something that's an entertainment venue to impart information. When I asked why they chose to do it that way, I was told it had to do with the difficulty I was having with my meditations. That was true. I had a spate where I couldn't get into a deep meditative state to save my life. I couldn't dream, either, because my sleep cycles were screwed up to hell and gone. But it was important I hear the message so they gave me something I could easily understand(I tried to get them to sing "We're off to see the wizard" with me as we walked but they sighed, rolled their eyes, and we continued on. Big Grin ).
DLP, the analogy you give is amazing if you know the true story of the Wizard of Oz, written by L. Frank Baum. Originally, the road wasn't gold, it was silver; and it was an 'over-most's-head' story of the overview of the market manipulation by powerful bankers in America of the Stock Markets, based on Baum's contempt for the likes of JP Morgan (who is given credit for being the actual instigator of the Oct. 1928 Stock Market Crash that led to a decade of the Great Depression).

All of the figures, the iconography in the story actually relates to America in that day-and-age, from the 'tin man' (a well-meaning man but with no heart) to a 'cowardly lion' who had no courage, led by a young girl from Kansas full of innocence (implying that only wholesomeness could guide the whole out of their 'lost wilderness').

Baum actually had to change the silver-brick-road to gold-brick, to throw off Feds because he greatly feared that the story was too obvious due to the silver currency issue at the time.

There are a couple of excellent documentaries available on how the history interrelates with the book on these issues. That your story, your dream, addresses the deeper context of the 'true, but hidden story' is amazing. The 'real wizard' is the one who pulls the levers and pushes the buttons on the world economy, behind the backs of most citizens.
While I read the book many years ago, I didn't know the history. That makes my teachers' choice to use it to pass along information all the more interesting.
LOL! DLP to your request for them to sing with you and what they did.

Wizard of Oz is awesome. IMO the best part is Dorothy's shoes being the answer to all of her problems and they/the answer were/was with her the entire time.

So it is with us. Meditation brings our awareness of it.
I have been called a problem child by some who feel I'm not serious enough about "things"-amongst other reasons-but my current group of teachers are well aware of my quirks and foibles. While they don't coddle me in any way, they roll with whatever I throw at them. They're made of stern stuff. Big Grin
DLP - I was asleep for a long time. Green pin person - yep. Hope I'm awake in time to get my act together! Big Grin
(05-09-2016, 06:09 PM)Goldengirl Wrote: DLP - I was asleep for a long time. Green pin person - yep. Hope I'm awake in time to get my act together! Big Grin

Green pins can become red pins. We need all the red pins we can get.
Heh, we eccentric souls actually are "problem children."
A problem for others perhaps, and their customs but not a problem for ourselves, so much.

Heh
(05-09-2016, 02:09 PM)DLP Wrote: I have been called a problem child by some who feel I'm not serious enough about "things"-amongst other reasons-but my current group of teachers are well aware of my quirks and foibles. While they don't coddle me in any way, they roll with whatever I throw at them. They're made of stern stuff. Big Grin
(05-09-2016, 07:29 PM)DLP Wrote:
(05-09-2016, 06:09 PM)Goldengirl Wrote: DLP - I was asleep for a long time. Green pin person - yep. Hope I'm awake in time to get my act together! Big Grin

Green pins can become red pins. We need all the red pins we can get.

Oh, I'm awake now. Red pin it is. It's go big, or go home.