Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Food lines
24 May 2016
No intention set

The spouse and I are on an Air Force base(people wearing AF uniforms). We're standing in a line to get food. A blonde woman is trying to keep the line moving and make sure people don't take too much so everyone gets something to eat. She's harried and abrupt, snapping at people, and short-tempered. People are muttering about what a bitch she's being. Spouse and I don't speak beyond a few idle comments about nothing in particular.

Then we're wandering around a field covered with large mounds. The mounds are circular with an opening cut into one side. I peer inside several of the openings and see the same thing in each: Tipi-looking setups made from branches or planks and small fire rings next to each tipi setup. It's obvious from the stacks of personal belongings that people are living in these spaces.

Back to the surly woman. We see her in a corridor. Her hair is an untidy mess but her uniform is crisp and clean. She's propped against a wall, her fatigue obvious. She sees us and says, I know people think I'm being a bitch. No, I say, I don't think that. Spouse agrees. I add, I think you're trying to do an overwhelming job and you're tired. She looks at me, then wipes her eyes with the back of her hand. Thank you, she says, It wasn't bad at first but there are more people now and more arriving every day but we're not getting more food or supplies. If we don't get a shipment soon, we're going to have to start rationing. But that's just putting off the inevitable. We're going to run out of food and when that happens, things are going to get very, very ugly. I don't know what to do. Then she straightens, shoves her hair out of her face. and says, And I just made our job harder by telling you this. I shake my head and say, We're just passing through and I have no intention of telling anyone here what you've said. Besides, if it's as bad as you say, they'll find out soon enough as it is. She eyes us. Says, Who are you? You don't belong here. You're not like the rest of them. I smile and say, We're just travellers passing through, witnessing what's happening all over. Whatever, she says, But it's time for me to be a bitch again. Good luck, we tell her. She turns and goes through a doorway. Spouse and I continue walking down the corridor.

Notes:

The people in the food line looked like they'd been through a rough time. Haggard, dirty, clothes worn. The spouse and I stood out mainly because we were clean, yet no one seemed to notice us.

The mounds in the ground remind me of the bunkers that can be found on some military bases. These were missing the doors and were being used to house people.

There was a sense of cold. Like it was winter time.

The food being handed out was a sort of soup with lots of rice but very little meat and veggies and a piece of bread. The people didn't complain about the food but they certainly didn't like having to follow the rules.
Thanks! With Shadewolf's dream today and the past few dreams of late from others, I am sensing something like a depression. Food is scarce, money is and issue and people are not in there homes. It might not be a depression, but there are similarities.
(05-25-2016, 02:18 AM)twiceblessed9 Wrote: Thanks!  With Shadewolf's dream today and the past few dreams of late from others, I am sensing something like a depression.  Food is scarce, money is and issue and people are not in there homes. It might not be a depression, but there are similarities.

Well everyday in the united states we are sinking further into poverty and depression, the banks reposed my house just a couple of months ago, the banks have orchestrated this depression to take every house and every asset we all own. What the banks don't take the city and state governments will steal the rest. I have been searching for work and cant find any, the real unemployment is at or near 40 percent. I think we will be hitting vast unemployment as workers will be laid off in huge numbers from coal industry and many other mom and pop businesses that are slowly loosing everything. I just heard my area will be hit with a nearby town Gillette Wy coal plant is being closed and is laying off most of the town, there will be a mass exodus from that region and they will most likely come to my area.

I went in to day labor, there was 2 jobs and 15 people for work. And they only schedule, M, W, and F The main jobs are listing them but not hiring anyone in a quick fashion.I can see things getting very bad, lets hope trump gets in office otherwise this nation is sunk.
DLP, excellent dream! you report with such great eye for detail that it seems we're watching this on a screen, IMO.
Also, this is so future-reality based.
I think of Venezuela a lot lately. I reached for a carrot cake last night and thought of them. I dread it but reading your dream I knew/know that it's "coming to a theater near us" but don't know timing.
(05-25-2016, 01:06 AM)DLP Wrote: 24 May 2016
No intention set

The spouse and I are on an Air Force base(people wearing AF uniforms). We're standing in a line to get food. A blonde woman is trying to keep the line moving and make sure people don't take too much so everyone gets something to eat. She's harried and abrupt, snapping at people, and short-tempered. People are muttering about what a bitch she's being. Spouse and I don't speak beyond a few idle comments about nothing in particular.

Then we're wandering around a field covered with large mounds. The mounds are circular with an opening cut into one side. I peer inside several of the openings and see the same thing in each: Tipi-looking setups  made from branches or planks and small fire rings next to each tipi setup. It's obvious from the stacks of personal belongings that people are living in these spaces.

Back to the surly woman. We see her in a corridor. Her hair is an untidy mess but her uniform is crisp and clean. She's propped against a wall, her fatigue obvious. She sees us and says, I know people think I'm being a bitch. No, I say, I don't think that. Spouse agrees. I add, I think you're trying to do an overwhelming job and you're tired. She looks at me, then wipes her eyes with the back of her hand. Thank you, she says, It wasn't bad at first but there are more people now and more arriving every day but we're not getting more food or supplies. If we don't get a shipment soon, we're going to have to start rationing. But that's just putting off the inevitable. We're going to run out of food and when that happens, things are going to get very, very ugly. I don't know what to do. Then she straightens, shoves her hair out of her face. and says, And I just made our job harder by telling you this. I shake my head and say, We're just passing through and I have no intention of telling anyone here what you've said. Besides, if it's as bad as you say, they'll find out soon enough as it is. She eyes us. Says, Who are you? You don't belong here. You're not like the rest of them. I smile and say, We're just travellers passing through, witnessing what's happening all over. Whatever, she says, But it's time for me to be a bitch again. Good luck, we tell her. She turns and goes through a doorway. Spouse and I continue walking down the corridor.

Notes:

The people in the food line looked like they'd been through a rough time. Haggard, dirty, clothes worn. The spouse and I stood out mainly because we were clean, yet no one seemed to notice us.

The mounds in the ground remind me of the bunkers that can be found on some military bases. These were missing the doors and were being used to house people.

There was a sense of cold. Like it was winter time.

The food being handed out was a sort of soup with lots of rice but very little meat and veggies and a piece of bread. The people didn't complain about the food but they certainly didn't like having to follow the rules.

The bunkers remind me of the dream I had some months back and posted where I had climbed up a steep incline to look over the top and saw a field of reddish dirt with circular mounds that each had black and 2 white stripes on them in rows. and now in my city in real life we've got about 70,000 evacuees from the Ft. McMurray wildfires staying in the Reception centres and scattered in houses throughout the community waiting for their own town to get repaired enough that they can go back...I couldn't figure out what the things in the field were before, it certainly seems to fit with the current wildfire scenario.