Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friday the 13th., & my 3 lucky eggs, LOL!
I suspect that there are folks that really don't like the number 13. It's so cliche'ish just to mention it but I cannot remember the reason a lot of buildings don't have a 13th. floor....or has that finally changed?

Today for my brunch which was not quite two hours ago, I cracked open 4 eggs, all jumbo and the first was typical. But the succeeding 3 were double-yolks. I've never had that happen before so it brought today's date to mind.
Course, this overactive mind thought that perhaps Jumbo eggs are more prone to double-yolks and it may be so. But I've gotten most of my double-yolks in regular or large size eggs.

Anybody have any ramblings about today's date? Ever known anyone that really did have bummers happen more than once on Friday the 13th?

(Just a note...I am starting this thread because I am goofing-off here at my computer. I have a tad of business to take care of online and then have to do more house-hunting which I'm avoiding just because I can. Tongue
My grandmother once told me that if you get a double yolk when you cracked the egg, that it meant you would soon be pregnant -- maybe it means triplets? ??
Nanny? Big Grin
(05-13-2016, 02:36 PM)Akwyldeflwr Wrote: My grandmother once told me that if you get a double yolk when you cracked the egg, that it meant you would soon be pregnant -- maybe it means triplets? ??
LOL!! laughing for personal reasons, *not* at your grandmother. Oh my, I'm flirt'in with 60yrs. old so only if there's "Immaculate conception The Sequel" can that happen!
Thanks for sharing. That does sound like a cool saying from a sweeter, gentler time.

(05-13-2016, 02:36 PM)Akwyldeflwr Wrote: My grandmother once told me that if you get a double yolk when you cracked the egg, that it meant you would soon be pregnant -- maybe it means triplets? ??

LOL Twice! Sistah, I guess my last post answered that one. Well, I am a munchy thing lately. Last night I actually heated some pnut-butter with carob chips for the reese's type of craving. Ya think!? LOL...and now I'm just waiting.............

just waiting for the mischievious, sharp-witted Windy to see this thread. Big Grin Cool
It has been a definite "Friday the 13th" around here.

I hit the ground running this a.m. when my DIL woke me by screaming my name repeatedly and the baby boy was howling. The idiot dog had gotten loose and was on the run and we live near a very busy main street. I soothed the baby boy while DIL tracked down the dog before he got himself killed.

Then my son, the amputee, was switching out his legs, dropped the pin that holds the leg in place, bent over to pick it up, lost his balance and fell. He spent the afternoon in the ER and is now wearing a sling. The docs don't think he broke his elbow but he says it hurts as bad as it did when he broke his other elbow while deployed to the sandbox many moons ago. I made up a "no more owie" salve and gave it to him. Hope it helps him.

Thank the deity of the day that the day is over.
Oh Noooooo DLP, sorry to hear so much happened on one day. Well, the 13th is over now and hope the weekend is better. Smile
Now see, this is much more exciting than the GC, right? I am it appears nothing is broken and the dog is ok.
DLP, good grief glad this day is over for you and yours. Blessing to your son, continually. You too.
We've had a running battle with the property mgmt company regarding them not upholding their end of the contract. Apparently they're tired of #1 son showing up to hold their collective feet to the fire because today he received a letter stating they will not be renewing the lease and we have until the end of July to vacate.

We laughed about this because #1 was going to tell them to take this house and shove it anyway. He's tired of dealing with them. We also laugh about the fact this house had sat empty for over six months so one might think the mgmt co. would be a tad hesitant to lose paying renters just because they don't want to do their jobs.
Man, they are losers! literally and rhetorically. Six months?! I hope y'all next get the finest property you've ever had. You've paid your dues and deserve it. Your son sure has too, for our country.
#1 and DIL have bought a piece of property, just under a couple acres, outside of SA, in one of the still-rural areas but still easily accessible to the city. They're planning to get a modular home installed on the site, which will take about 4 months, what with site prep involved. I was out there today, scoping things out and doing ceremony to honor the land guardians. Nice place. Quiet. The land spirits were happy to see me, too, which was nice.

I mentioned to #1 that we'd have to get the house clean. He said the contract states the house must be in the condition it was signed over to us and he'd have to smear peanut butter on the walls to get it to that condition. I started laughing because the house was filthy when we got it, ants crawling on the walls and dead roaches everywhere. The mgmt company swore it had been cleaned. DIL spent two days cleaning and #1 spent a few days harrassing the mgmt co. to get someone out there to take care of the ants. Took three times before the ant issue went away because the darned things were in the walls.

Even I had the great "pleasure" of dealing with the pinheads at one point when they claimed we didn't leave the deposit. BS. I personally delivered the deposit to the office-which was on the other side of the city-and got a receipt plus I had the receipts for the money orders. Oh no, no, they claimed, they had no record of the deposit. #1 made another trip and long story short, they found where they had put the money. They had filed the MOs under my old address, the house we were selling and which wasn't even one of their properties. Honestly, I'd never dealt with such an incompetent bunch. It's amazing they have any clients(Spouse said they probably got the clients none of the good companies want to deal with. He's probably right).

But enough of our housing saga. Talked with #1 and we decided it was a good thing because now we have a timeline with which to work.
Hey DLP - I was just praying for you and I saw the face of an oriental man. I have no idea what this means, good, not good or no meaning at all. Please keep us posted.
DLP - I think at my new place the land spirits are happy to see me. Almost ready to move. Every time I go on a walkabout there, I see the most amazing things. Turtles, tortoises, ducks, haven't seen the deer just their ahem *signature*. It's like I'm being interviewed, and accepted. How would I go about honoring the land spirits properly? Have wanted to do that - don't know how.
I open sacred space, introduce myself, then offer gifts of tobacco, corn meal, and sometimes copal. Sometimes I get the vibe to pour some alcohol on the ground. Usually I just use my florida water, which has a vodka base (I make my own). If I happen to have wine with me, I use that. Then I sit and listen because often they have something to say to me. I thank them for whatever they say to me and for the honor of being on their land.

Sometimes they may want you to do something to demonstrate your good intent for the land, like maybe planting flowers or picking up trash when you go for walks. Do it, if you can, because you want them on your side. They will provide your land's first line of defense, always a good thing.

Conversely, piss them off and you might as well move. Seriously.

A good book that covers clearing spaces is Denise Link's "Sacred Spaces." I highly recommend this book.

(05-15-2016, 04:53 AM)Julie Wrote: Hey DLP - I was just praying for you and I saw the face of an oriental man. I have no idea what this means, good, not good or no meaning at all. Please keep us posted.

He's one of my teachers, the one who teaches me how to work with my abilities. I haven't seen much of him lately, he's been busy in another dimension so I haven't bugged him. Might need to drop in for a visit and some tea.
Thanks D! Always picked up since day one. The former residents were not clean people. Every time I'm there the earth has coughed up something else. So far I get the feeling they have seen my efforts and are pleased. Next comes the planting, but now I can also make proper offerings. Thanks again!
DLP, LOL man for trashy landlords and disorganized to that degree makes them even worse. Hallelujah on the countryside near San Antone. Ah, I think the blessing already started but then I did leave part of my heart there along with hundreds of beloved souls.

Dang, our "finest" that get done this way just blows my mind, per landlords. Your son and one of our sons (in-law) are both medically retired from their war theater sufferings, and yep, in Tennessee it happened to our kids. House is in a maybe now 20yr. old community, nice brick, not huge of course. Daughter took many pics of the condition it was in 3yrs. ago. She worked her rear off for days, painted and worked very hard to get the house up to just middle-class standards. Now...as time crept, or seemingly, she has gotten landlord to put in new windows, and replaced the stove and dishwasher.

But point is that the previous tenants had done the things in and they had to break to be replaced. The windows were shocking.....how on earth a house does this in so little time is beyond me, but she again, texted pics of there being even a small opening 'tween the wall and corner of window, on one. House badly settled?? Oh yeah, made it through that one winter a couple of years ago where they even hit "zero" in nighttime lows.

She and her hubby now live with their two dogs inside the house and live much cleaner than the place was handed to them.