Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good News or Bad News?
This is a very personal update, and I bring both good and bad news. The good news is that my personal tornado is shifted tremendously. I can't yet say whether this is definitely a good thing in the long term, but something happened today that signals, at a minimum, that I have a shot at repairing what seemed to be totally broken before....my family.

Although we are back together, there is a lot of unresolved differences. I have a LOT of ground to gain here in order to get back to some semblance of a 'normal' condition (mentally, emotionally, relationally, etc.) I have a chance to be a familial doctor, and my soul says to put 200% into this moment. So, for the foreseeable future, I have bad news:

I will probably not be running the dreambot and posting linguistics as consistently as before. I do feel pretty good about the long stretch we've had. I actually think we made the one year mark with our daily lingo. However, my family is top priority right now, with school shortly behind. My goal is to give everything I have to this family so that I have absolutely no regrets later, regardless of what happens.

I will be popping in now and again, but in general, at least for the next two weeks, I expect to be even less involved than I was before. I greatly apologize for this, but I have to do what the universe is commanding right now. I realize this couldn't have been a worse time for me to be skipping days, especially with Proj September just about ready to unfold. Will the world end? Well, unfortunately, I won't have a front row seat, but I will be learning a lot about repairing broken relationships.

In general, I am just grateful for the chance at the repair. It could be far worse at this point. Take care everyone. I will definitely pop in when I can, but I shall not get 'caught' surfing the NDC too much (if you know what I mean) Smile
do what you have to do and be well. see you down the road.
I have greatly valued coming here, reading the posts and the dreams, observing the interactions (and humor) among members, all led (and gently moderated) of course by Eagle1.  Ironically, you are not alone among forum moderators taking a break for September, or just being a little less active than before.  And it is important to step back, when you are led.  Thank you for your post here ... I almost didn't read it, but the Spirit prompted me, and I'm sure will prompt others today.  Possibly you may consider sending this out on the email list, so that those who don't come daily to the NDC, will know what is happening.  NDC is not Eagle1, and Eagle1 is not NDC, but your hard work (among others) has made it what it is, and there is much already for which to be grateful.  Rest up, cheer up, and don't lose focus now; the news really isn't good or bad; it just is, and part of life, human life, not some manufactured life.  Dorothy Day, the famed Catholic social activist, once said, "I wanted the abundant life; I did not have the slightest idea how to find it."  We learn, we grow, and it finds you.
Ditto what the others have said. I wish you the very best in whatever you decide to do. Smile

Does this mean we are to no longer post here in the forum?
Being a junior member, I don't know you Eagle1, like the others. But I would like to express my thanks for your encouragement to participate and post here. I do believe it's important work, carried out by the many. On a personal note, I had a horrendous year in 2014, with many deaths in the family. I can say that by keeping positive, and relying on your family, you can emerge from the other side stronger than before. And it doesn't hurt to have faith, and pray when necessary either! We are all connected here, and I for one, am glad for it.

Be strong, and see you on the flip side! (for those of us old enough to remember what THAT means!)

"No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted" Aesop
Eagle 1-
If you see this at all, know that warm thoughts of appreciation, deep understanding, and foresight embrace your decision.
Well done.
However, if my instincts are correct...........
this may be just the break NDC/supporters/elders need to back up, take a breath, get our affairs into a magnificent
PRESENT, reconsider the direction of this entire project and technology updates needed, and call for new energy to inspire our skills, talents, and fervor
for this cutting edge technology.
We all may need the vacation as a Grand Pause to self correct, realign, and come back together stronger, wiser, and ready to go forward.
Its not over, its just getting started.
I continue envision that spa/retreat/conference center. That creates a bodabulous future right there in the projection of healing thoughts.
Feels more like family here.
So
hugs to the family.....
See you in October- safe, happy, well, abundant.
Been there, done that. You ARE making the right decision. You will not regret it.

The people here are not going to be the ones that will love you until the end of your days.

Just one note: Don't fuck it up. Work hard. Harder than anything you've ever worked at. It's worth it.
To Julie's question, of course, we can still post, and interact with all those assembled in this forum.  My reading of Eagle1's message is that he will be very much "behind the scenes" now ... maintaining the Web site and software, but not posting to each and every thread as frequently as before.  And the botruns will be less frequent, but I am sure he will not let the entire Proj. September go to waste; just has to consider it now in light of his new priorities.  Another forum I have visited for close to a decade, the moderator used to post letters DAILY for years, but then at the beginning of 2015, had to begin posting letters weekly, due to work and family changes.  And now, he is taking the entire month of September off (and it is a forum which has followed the predictions of this September rather closely too).  In a way, I am glad for the break there, and I hope all who visit (and post) here will be equally glad for (and honor) Eagle1's decision, and honesty.  It is never easy to be honest, and to step back.  While he did not use this word, whenever anything becomes an "addiction" or "obsession," it is wise to step back and take account.  What is necessary, and what is not?  (Considering everything else is one's personal life.)  There is always some regret, some sadness, but easier then to see all that as temptations from the Enemy of our souls.  For any who are worried about the future of this forum, or feel cheated, it is time for forgiveness, and patience.  Using Windy's term from another thread, that is the only way to find balance.  No time to be snarky or sarcastic (though I also honor the use of expletives, to emphasize a point).  Let's see what grace brings about now, in each of our lives.
Thanks NH for your response. I never assume anything and prefer to ask. Sorry to hear you have had negative experiences in other forums. One of the thinks I have enjoyed about this forum is the lack of ego. I like when people report just the facts, whatever they may be.

(09-11-2015, 03:54 AM)NH watcher Wrote: wTo Julie's question, of course, we can still post, and interact with all those assembled in this forum.  My reading of Eagle1's message is that he will be very much "behind the scenes" now ... maintaining the Web site and software, but not posting to each and every thread as frequently as before.  And the botruns will be less frequent, but I am sure he will not let the entire Proj. September go to waste; just has to consider it now in light of his new priorities.  Another forum I have visited for close to a decade, the moderator used to post letters DAILY for years, but then at the beginning of 2015, had to begin posting letters weekly, due to work and family changes.  And now, he is taking the entire month of September off (and it is a forum which has followed the predictions of this September rather closely too).  In a way, I am glad for the break there, and I hope all who visit (and post) here will be equally glad for (and honor) Eagle1's decision, and honesty.  It is never easy to be honest, and to step back.  While he did not use this word, whenever anything becomes an "addiction" or "obsession," it is wise to step back and take account.  What is necessary, and what is not?  (Considering everything else is one's personal life.)  There is always some regret, some sadness, but easier then to see all that as temptations from the Enemy of our souls.  For any who are worried about the future of this forum, or feel cheated, it is time for forgiveness, and patience.  Using Windy's term from another thread, that is the only way to find balance.  No time to be snarky or sarcastic (though I also honor the use of expletives, to emphasize a point).  Let's see what grace brings about now, in each of our lives.
Project September is still happening and we will be letting everyone know a deadline for submitting the September dreams shortly. Yea! Smile
Of course you can still post your regular dreams as well.

Julie, I agree with you regarding ego. A beautiful reality about this site is the way in which we work together. We are at our best together, not separate. That missing piece is often found by another member in our group and it is often essential in solving a mystery or shedding light in an area one has not considered previously. We tend to be helpful and reflective listeners and non-judgmental speakers. Our members try to be respectful. These qualities are unique and rare on the web in my opinion. Eagle has created a wonderful community.
Yes TB, Eagle 1 has done this website very well indeed. It's always seemed to me like a "meant to be" kind of site.

(09-11-2015, 12:32 PM)twiceblessed9 Wrote: Project September is still happening and we will be letting everyone know a deadline for submitting the September dreams shortly. Yea! Smile
Of course you can still post your regular dreams as well.

Julie, I  agree with you regarding ego. A beautiful reality about this site is the way in which we work together. We are at our best together, not separate.  That missing piece is often found by another member in our group and it is often essential in solving a mystery or shedding light in an area one has not considered previously.  We tend to be helpful and reflective listeners and non-judgmental speakers. Our members try to be respectful.  These qualities are unique and rare on the web in my opinion.  Eagle has created a wonderful community.
agreed on all fronts
this is, without exception, one of the greatest places with the greatest people
I've been fortunate to entangle with for over a year.
I don't recall too much ego-snark- though it is a human tendency- it is not this crowd.

Everyone here has real class.
Attraction begets like attraction.
That is a testament.