Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something came over me.... Let me explain.
I had a wonderful day today, BBQ and pool party with my family.
There was food left over, and after everyone left the party I packed up the car and proceeded to head home.
In the front seat of the car was a bag of food that was never opened including two bags of Hill shire farms little smokies, Crackers, Cheese cubes, and an entire pitcher of Hibiscus tea with fresh black berries, strawberries, and blue berries in it.

As I am driving the same route I always drive from my mothers house to my house, and I have been driving this route now for years... I hear a voice in my head (just like when i am wind walking) which sounded like my guide. The voice said to me, pull over.

I pulled over, and there I was now parked on the street in front of a park I have driven past for years and never stepped foot in. I get out of the car and walk around to the side walk. The voice then says take the bag of food and the drink into the park.

I open the passenger door, get the food and the picture of tea out of the car, lock up the car and proceed into the park. I am looking around and I see families running and playing sports, BBQing, and parents watching kids playing on the play ground.
As my eyes are scanning the park I see an older man, African American decent, graying hair. He looks homeless and he looks like he is having a very rough life. His skin is dry and weathered like a parched desert.

The voice then says to me, give the man a message. I walk towards the man, who has his head down looking at the grass in front of him, and he looks up at me, I say hello to him as i am approaching. He looks to his right over his shoulder then his left. He looks back at me and once again I say Hello. He says hello to me.

I say the man, "I have a message for you" and I proceed to give the man the message that the voice is telling me to give to the man. "He has not forsaken you, and when you believe you are all alone he walks beside you".

I set the bag of food down in front of the man, and the pitcher of tea. I take the unopened smokies from the bag and hand them to the man. Tears are forming in the mans eyes.... Then I finish the message. "You will never be hungry or thirsty as long as you hold true, and complete the work that he has for you to do". The man at this point is balling his eyes out.

I stand up and turn to walk away and the man utters "Thank you", I reply to him... "Do not thank me, I am just the messenger, you are clearly the one doing his work, and it is I who should thank you". Now the man is both crying and laughing as I walk away.

The feelings I had as I walked away were this... I was just in the presence of man of Grace, his face and feet were dirty, but his soul was the cleanest I have ever seen. With a humble heart and an honest ear this man exists, so I would know and understand the true grace of GOD.

Mitákuye Oyás’iŋ, Aho!

Anything that annoys you, is teaching you patience.
Anyone who abandons you, is teaching you how to stand up on your own two feet.
Anything that angers you, is teaching you forgiveness and compassion.
Anything that has power over you, is teaching you how to take your power back.
Anything you hate, is teaching you unconditional love.
Anything you fear, is teaching you courage to overcome your fear.
Anything you can't control, is teaching you how to let go.
WOW Windy! Just wow! Thank you for sharing this with us all.
Sistah Windy, This is, without question one of the sweetest things I have ever read online. He was hugely blessed, you were gigantically blessed and you'll both bless countless others. (you already do and bet this homeless man does, too.)

God bless you! for following that inner-leading. Wow....just wow, gal.

Now I know why I stayed up this late and it wasn't just to do a memorial day thread. Selfishly, it was to be able to read this and feel a tiny hug from above and not crash on the sad note from that memorial day reality.
I'm gonna smile my way to sleep just thinking about your day.

Sincerely,
thanks for sharing this and hugs.
Aho, indeed.

Love this. Heart
And makes us all realize we need to listen to the voice within. Always. Angel