Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heath Ledger comes to dinner
4 April 2018

I'm talking with my spouse while kids are running around the room, discussing what I plan to cook for dinner because Heath Ledger, a friend of the spouse's but someone I haven't met yet, is coming to dinner. We're laughing about something he said. The scene jumps and I'm in the kitchen, cooking. I'm even wearing an apron. The doorbell rings. The spouse yells that he's in the middle of diaper duty, so I yell back that I'll get it. I go to the front door and open it. There stands Heath Ledger, done up as the Joker. I invite him in. He enters and stands off to the side of the foyer. I start to shut the door but suddenly there's a woman standing there. She's slender, dressed all in black, and has her black hair cut in a chin length bob. I say to Heath that I didn't expect him to bring a guest. He watches me silently. I turn back to the woman. She smiles hugely at me as she reaches out with her right hand and tightly grasps my left jaw and cheek. I've looked forward to meeting you, she says. Something about her sets off all my red alert sirens. Her grip hurts and I push her hand away, saying, Please don't touch me without permission. She shakes her hand free and reaches for my face again. This time I see her fingernails look like they're tipped with needles. Without hesitation, I pull energy for defense and grab her wrist. My hand crackles with red energy. I say, I said, don't touch me. Her grin widens. You don't control me, she replies. She tries to pull her wrist free but my grip is too tight. The red energy pops and crackles as it spreads over her arm and up to her shoulder. Now she notices the energy. You shouldn't be able to do that, she says. I do what I have to do, I reply. I release her hand and use the red energy to shove her backwards. And I didn't invite you to dinner, I add, slamming the door in her face. Then I look at Heath Ledger. He's still silent but there's something in his eyes that seems almost sad. I study him for a second, then shake my head. Boy, I say, you sure know how to pick them.

The spouse in the dream was not my spouse in real life and our kids are grown so no diaper duty for us, thank heaven. We lived in a nice house. An older Victorian, from the looks of the interior.

Have no idea who that woman was but I didn't like her. Heath Ledger as the Joker was significant but I'm still working out why since that wasn't his only role.

Knew that the door was representing a "doorway" to somewhere else and that access to my "home" was by invitation only. The woman could access me but she couldn't enter. Boundaries, yanno. Wink
Love the boundaries and how they can't enter. Seems like you've been dealing with the nastiest Spirits or whatevers lately. Like the red energy part, that's awesome. Wink
You weren’t supposed to be able to do that. Sigh. Another test? When will they learn? Big Grin
I've been getting tested all week, in one way or another.