Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Invest 99-L or Hermine, next storm on the list
Looks like 3 out of the six spaghetti models have it in my neighborhood. Who can help me push it out into the Atlantic?

Batten down the hatches kiddo! This might be your storm! Which line is aimed at you?
I'm south of Tampa Bay, but towards the east, roughly 30ish miles from the coast. So basically the blue-green line and the burgundy line, although the white line is in the general area too. The areas covered depend on the size/strength of the storm.

They're just guessing at this point, but this weekend we'll see how it strengthens and moves. In 2004 I was living north of Tampa Bay, and Charley was headed right for us. We had just put up the last piece of plywood on the windows when we heard it took a hard right turn and rammed right into Port Charlotte. They weren't ready for it. Lesson? Always be ready.
Can the back handle a road trip? (i.e., evacuation)
If necessary. Never makes any sense to stay in the face of the devil.
Hope the dang thing doesn't hit anywhere. We are watching here in LA also.

When it rains, you can hear "oh noooooo, it's raining again" all over the office.  If the dang hurricane comes this way I'll seriously need nerve pills. Tongue

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

OMG Julie I can't stop laughing! What a great graphic!!!!! FDLMAO!!!!
Hahahaha! Yes it is very funny!
(08-25-2016, 04:41 PM)Goldengirl Wrote: OMG Julie I can't stop laughing! What a great graphic!!!!! FDLMAO!!!!
We lived in the Azores for a few years and it would drive us crazy when forecasters would talk about hurricanes heading into the Atlantic, where they wouldn't harm anyone. Hello, what about the islands that were now in the bullseye of the oncoming storm, islands filled with people, like us?

Something people don't realize about the weather is it's nothing but energy. Yes, it can be manipulated but the energy is still there and it has to go somewhere and there's a very good possibility that in the process of being manipulated the energy has accumulated and increased so wherever the energy goes will get hammered even more.

A better option is to go to the storm and ask it to choose the least destructive path possible in the hope that isn't the path that heads in your direction. But you also need to be prepared for it to tell you that the path it will take is the necessary path. After all, there's a reason the storms go where they do, even if we think it's random.
Thanks DLP for your words of wisdom.

It now appears to be staying disorganized. But that could change in a heartbeat too. Highest good, whatever that may be.
That graphic is awesome and seems about as accurate as any other. LOL

GG: Nah, not wisdom. More like I got schooled by some clouds one day. I asked if we could please get some rain. They regretfully told me no, that there was no rain to be sent our way for some time. Then they explained about the danger of shifting weather patterns and that those humans who did tamper with the weather energy did so at the peril of causing even worse weather patterns or even land upheavals. I thanked them for their counsel.

Now I pay attention and I'm aware of when there's tampering with the weather. Either people don't know or don't care that, as our science classes taught, for every action there's an equal and opposite reaction. That really holds true for weather energy.

First month we were in the Azores, one of those "out to the Atlantic where it won't harm anyone" storms hit. It wasn't even considered a hurricane, but a tropical storm. Yeah, right. We had winds up to 150mph all night long. During the night, the wind blew the door open. I tried to get it closed on my own but the wind was too strong. Had to wake up the spouse and it took both of us to close the door, inch by inch, until I could get the door locked. Next morning, we saw a cinderblock shed that had been lifted off its foundation, blown across a banana field, and set back down on the opposite side of the field, entirely intact. It was a great place to live. You never knew what the weather would be, except "windy." Big Grin
I believe that the earlier stor you are talking about, George Norey asked his coast to coast listeners to pray to alter the course of that storm. Not sure that asking for that kind of help is wrong if done properly. generally, i would pray
to take some high pressure from a region where it is high and place it in the center of the storm.

yes it is somewhat playing god or asking for the universe's help, but if done thoughtfully, probably no different than any action. Yes it is all energy and has to go somewhere, not trying to bottle it up and otherwise spreading the energy, seems like a sound approach. It is no different than praying for peace, healing or anything else. My concern would be in thinking that you know what is best for this that or the other and no one can, believe that is like lucifers fall
(08-27-2016, 07:21 AM)ybul0229 Wrote: I believe that the earlier stor you are talking about, George Norey asked his coast to coast listeners to pray to alter the course of that storm.  Not sure that asking for that kind of help is wrong if done properly.  generally, i would pray
to take some high pressure from a region where it is high and place it in the center of the storm.

yes it is somewhat playing god or asking for the universe's help, but if done thoughtfully, probably no different than any action.  Yes it is all energy and has to go somewhere, not trying to bottle it up and otherwise spreading the energy, seems like a sound approach.  It is no different than praying for peace, healing or anything else.  My concern would be in thinking that you know what is best for this that or the other and no one can, believe that is like lucifers fall

That's why I like to pray for the highest good. For people, situations, etc. Although sometimes it's not what we want for ourselves. Can only see that one from the other side!
I think in asking for help in weather related things, given we have the ability to see what is going on in other areas these days.... one could work towards helping the world. I do not know better than anyone else, but seemingly those that may not have the best intentions are playing with this stuff, with a lot of fossil fuel energy, so trying to help and sound intentions probably is not bad.

Having not studied the situation much, too busy with life, one track would keep the storm off the east coast. Louisiana and much of the south need no more moisture for a a while. So generally speaking going within oneself and feeling the pressure move from 250 miles off the coast of VA and placing it in the center of the Hurricane lessens the force at that location and creates a hole for the storm to head to hopefully leading it up the eastern coastline.

Anyway, that is my thoughts on the issue. As others ARE playing god, doing so in a way that seemingly harms no one, seems like the right thing to do. Yes there are negatives to every action, one just hopes the good outweighs the bad. Acting from good intentions, as opposed to the intentions used to manipulate the weather seems right.
The latest on this "weather" ivnest 99-l
http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-ne...e/59705521
With that outlook trying to make the low pressure spot on the ga fla border near the coast seems the best action. From how it's tracking it would almost appear like harrp caused the left as that's pretty sharp how it turned.

Now if I'm not too tired and can stay awake for 30 as that meditative state is close to sleep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep fell asleep. Though it may also require a high pressure zone west of the hurricane to help push it north.

If able to redirect high and low pressure zones, then adding pressure to the center of the storm weakens the winds.

While hurricanes are always serious business, I had no idea this thread would spark so many interesting thoughts and debate. Love it. Big Grin

(08-27-2016, 11:11 PM)twiceblessed9 Wrote: The latest on this "weather" ivnest 99-l
http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-ne...e/59705521

Just what Julie doesn't need (and I don't either really!) But thanks for posting this Twice, this was a better article than any of the local stuff.
Hmm don't know what map I saw last night that showed it having turned west after it had traveled up the east coast of fla.

Another slip of reality that I thought was.

Disregard what I said about thinking about pressure systems as that related to it being somewhere else.

Though the thought process is the same thinking about moving high pressure from one area to the center of the storm, creating a low pressure system somewhere else

Guess I misunderstood the Katrina map. Last night and is why I suggested that thought process