Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jury Duty & Out-of-State Summons~
Well, wish I could give the state of Hawaii a "stupid" sign per that redneck comedian that says "Heeere's your sign."

Last November they mailed me a Jury Questionnaire. I filled the thing out and noted somewhere on it, knowing me I wrote it anywhere there was space, that I was moving to the mainland. The thing was for 2016, so it said. Naturally, I didn't know if I'd move before they called me but dang sure hoped so.

I left Hawaii early March, happy I hadn't been called.

WHAT do ya think came in the mail a couple of days ago? Uh huh....with the yellow label on the front of address change.

Now why hasn't the Jury Summons office instructed the USPS to return to them any summons that is to an address that has a change of address flag on it?! Okay, yeah maybe a rare, human goof. I'll be asking about this.

But then I opened and read the thing on back. Oh yeah....this is truly brilliant use of MY tax dollars in action. It lists on the back the reasons I "may request to be dismissed."

I KID YOU NOT, it says that if I have moved from the island, I may "request to be dismissed!!" LOL ya think?!

OR, is it that I should call them and notify them that I will not BE there. Dang nice of me to take the time to do so.

Did they really, REALLY think I was going to call and *ask to be dismissed?! (Sheesh this applies whether that was human error and they usually have the mail of summons returned to them! meaning......it should not BE in that list, as even a possible consideration. )

This just gives me a different reason to say my last "alo-HA."
LOL Windy, you are awesome, as always. Big thanks~