Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Killing Dreams?
So, for months now, I have had a difficult time dreaming. I was also in an on and off again relationship with someone who didn't really support me in it and who was kinda a jerk. I've NEVER been unable to remember dreams before or to not have them and when I realized I was having trouble, I was a little alarmed but thought maybe it was just some sort of weird phase? Anyway, after having cut off the relationship (finally) I get bombarded with SO many dreams last night I can't remember them all and I was crazy drowsy all day, which I would blame on depression, except I don't feel depressed at all. Empowered if anything.

Anyone else have something like this happen?
Hi Elyse, good to see you back, and glad you're back to dreaming!

IMHO I would say stress can cause you to not sleep well. Remove the stress, get back to dreaming.

When I was going through my divorce years ago, every night I would have these dreams where I needed to remember something important. And I would be sure, in the dream, that if I could remember it when I woke, everything would be ok. Of course, I would wake up with no idea of what I was trying so desperately to remember. When I was finally through the divorce and my life settled down the dreams stopped. Stress does really weird things to our minds and bodies!

I really think your lack of dreaming, being a prolific dreamer, was trying to tell you something.
Thank you so much, Goldengirl! Big Grin