Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major Car Accident
Last night I dreamt my husband and I were driving to somewhere (don't know where) and there was an accident. It was a major highway, so the traffic became a big traffic jam, with us stuck in non-moving traffic. The annoyance turned into panic when we realized that the overpass that was above us had a train that flipped on its side and was teetering on the edge of the overpass, about to crush everything underneath it. We had no idea what was in those cars but it was very scary seeing that knowing that if the swaying cars above the overhang actually slid over the edge it would land on all the vehicles stuck in traffic below. My partner said, "well dear, that's it, I guess this is how it ends" and I said, "no it doesn't, we don't have to sit here" and I thought about taking off the seat belts and crouching down below the dash at least it did fall; however my first thought was to run out of the vehicle and go beneath the overpass and beyond so that if it all tipped over who cares, we'd be far beyond it. My first thought on what was on the bridge was a flipped over truck but since there were many boxes it had to be train (there isn't any ten or more car trucks out there now that I know of).

I remember waking up as I was trying to convince my spouse to get out the door with me and run beyond the overpass. I woke up after that.
There's a sense of people sitting in their vehicles, just waiting for whatever they think might happen to happen. No one actually doing anything to help themselves. Just waiting.
Dreamcat, did you get a sense of what part of the country/world this took place?
After I read the dream, my first thought was an Oriental Country like Taiwan or some place like that.

(09-18-2015, 12:38 AM)twiceblessed9 Wrote: Dreamcat, did you get a sense of what part of the country/world this took place?
(09-18-2015, 08:01 AM)Julie Wrote: After I read the dream, my first thought was an Oriental Country like Taiwan or some place like that.

(09-18-2015, 12:38 AM)twiceblessed9 Wrote: Dreamcat, did you get a sense of what part of the country/world this took place?
I am on the East Coast of Canada but I don't know exactly where this was - the sky was cloudy white and all I saw were cars on this road and the overpass.
Thank You DreamCat. Thank you for posting the dream too.
(09-18-2015, 12:25 AM)DLP Wrote: There's a sense of people sitting in their vehicles, just waiting for whatever they think might happen to happen. No one actually doing anything to help themselves. Just waiting.

Yes, that's what worried me. Even my partner - he's just waiting for the inevitable, and I'm basically saying move it, get out, don't just let the inevitable happen. But it's like it's only me that either knows or can think of what to do?
Dreamcat-
I am constantly amazed at the human tendency to be hypnotized or lulled into unawareness.
I recall in my Buddhist days of the sacred and humble practice of Mindfulness  in order to step
off the Wheel of Samsara (drudgery of Life).
Here we go with the term WHEEL. It comes up a lot lately.

As an example- there are a few odd elements juxtaposed here in this example that remind me of your dream. I have learned to pay attention to.symbols that don't make sense in a dream as they then become like our NDC red alerts (to me).

In my childhood, I used to walk up to but never over an old bridge [overpass in your dream] that gave me the creeps. It spanned across the Ohio River where it converges with the Kanawa River in Point Pleasant West Virginia where my aunt and uncle lived. The bridge daily spilled its lines of traffic into the heart of this sleepy small town, where commerce was active from Ohio to W Va and beyond. Those lines (trains) of traffic contributed to its demise and the town's.
   On a corner across from the bridge stood the courthouse where my aunt worked for the judge as his assistant and court reporter.
Odd juxt #1- my aunt's name was Neil, uncle's name was Carroll (Irish).

Juxt # 2-   There was a movie made about this town, that one would say reminded them of Barney Fife and Andy Griffith's Mayberry -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mothma...%28film%29
starring Richard Gere and of course an interdimensional being they call Mothman.
The town is frozen in time to the year the bridge fell in after months of Mothman appearing to locals to warn them of impending disaster, replete with beehive hairdo's, and funky 50's/60's 'retro' furniture that would make 'kitsch' drool.
There is actually a statue of Mothman erected in the center of that long gone town at the intersection across from where the bridge used to be.
I stood at that empty intersection in 2004 watching the breeze blow papers down the once busy streets. I had such an eerie feeling I turned to the statue, then the fenced off bridge entry and the hairs stood up on my arms. It felt like a Stephen King scene.

The day it fell in my uncle was over in Ohio at a doctor appointment. His car was 'stuck in traffic' waiting for the red light at the end of the bridge entry to turn green. Faulty construction/engineering - who would put a traffic light at each end of a bridge to where the heavy weight of long lines of traffic wore down the connecting elements holding the bridge together?

His car was the last car safely off the bridge as it fell in.

Huge lines of 18 wheel trucks and cars toppled over on top of the vehicles/bodies below and into their watery graves. My uncle heard the loud crash and looked in the rear view mirror. Suddenly his ruddy Irish complexion turn ghost white. He quickly got out of the car to help  a pregnant woman and her little boy out of the car behind him that was teetering over the edge. Once they were out of the car, the weight shifted and the car fell into the boiling teaming river of blood, screams, vehicles below.
The woman almost fainted at the sight, the fate that saved her. She hugged my uncle instead as he caught her and kept her from dropping.

Uncle Carroll walked into the courthouse after all the rescue attempts he could perform; into eerily quiet judges chamber clueless to the mayhem outside. "Why Carroll you look so pale like ya saw a ghost." says my aunt. " Neilly ya better get a look outside, the bridge is gone. I think our lives are about to change.."
No truer words were ever said.

juxt #3-  The metaphoric and actual 'sleepiness' of this town that literally compelled an inter-dimensional being to come forth to warn them of impending disaster and change gobsmacks me .
Why is it that it takes extreme circumstances to wake folks up? How truly unaware is the populace in our 'normalcy bias' that it takes a wake up call to get us moving? Is it really a COMFORT ZONE or rather hypnotic trance?
Are we looking for that 'manna' from heaven to feed us the data we require or should we be awake and aware enough to see it for ourselves and move on that accordingly?
Have we forgotten that the Inner Knowledge is the bread/manna and is accessible always, if only we took the time to be STILL, and see ?

When will it be too late?
Wow AD. Thanks for your story.
Quote:juxt #3- The metaphoric and actual 'sleepiness' of this town that literally compelled an inter-dimensional being to come forth to warn them of impending disaster and change gobsmacks me .
Why is it that it takes extreme circumstances to wake folks up? How truly unaware is the populace in our 'normalcy bias' that it takes a wake up call to get us moving? Is it really a COMFORT ZONE or rather hypnotic trance?
Are we looking for that 'manna' from heaven to feed us the data we require or should we be awake and aware enough to see it for ourselves and move on that accordingly?
Have we forgotten that the Inner Knowledge is the bread/manna and is accessible always, if only we took the time to be STILL, and see ?

I think part of the answer is we get so accustomed to the tyranny of the ordinary, the routine, the mundane, that we go on autopilot. One day, after the other, doing the same things the same way at the same times, and then if something out of the ordinary happens, very few people can jerk themselves out of the rut and respond. The rest of the people simply stand/sit there, unable to process what's happening because they simply have no frame of reference with which to work.

Another part of the answer is yes, there are many, many people who want to be told what to do, what to think, and how to behave. To act independently, on their own and without guidance from someone else, is just out of their realm of understanding.
Agreed DLP, good insight.
alas, not all is lost as the spark of
Self Determination
is kindled in growing numbers.