Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meditation- An offering to Discuss Its Benefits~
Elyse, that is wonderful! For a rushed, very busy person please know that the download at www.patriotoutreach.org is the same shorter-version meditation at www.antidoteforall.com .

We don't have to memorize the instructions in the longer recording. It's there to remind us of not resenting, not letting things get to us, etc. Also, the meditation can very shortly be done without listening to anything. It's the most freeing thing ever in my life. Many churches do not mean to but they cling to us. Some meditations are elaborate and can be tiring.

This one is actually saying to sit still and become self-aware by suggesting we choose to be aware of our right hand and the center of our forehead. Soon, we become self aware of our whole bod. The "magic" of this one working is that it doesn't really matter what part of our bod we're aware of because the point is that when we choose to be self-aware it is impossible to stay lost in thought.

The mind is a tyrant. The dark side of the force knows this and uses our minds to trip us up, making us unaware of dangers, and many more things. We bump into things, having accidents big or small when lost in thought.
Having emotions is natural but the dark side uses these also. It ramps up our emotions by using our mind to resent and focus too much on our feelings, keeping us lost in thought and overreacting to each wrong that is done to us. Yep, in overreaction we do dumb things. (Prisons are full of folks that overreacted in their emotional storms.)

Back to the meditation which is simply a mental exercise. The genius of this is that it's really just to get us and help us to more and more stay aware of the thoughts that incessantly pop-up in our minds instead of being controlled by them.
Here is how evil is, as bible says satan is *the* most subtle of all. Those of us that are believers.....since the dark side cannot get us to reject Jesus and His work on the cross & resurrection, the extreme subtlety is that it then gets us to memorize scripture, sing songs of God, read and go on and on.......some of us to the extreme.....yep, see it? having us LOST in our heads about God!! It's a great subject but the operative word here and in reality, yes is "lost." We make mistakes, have accidents, etc.....

So, when bible says "Be still and know that I am God" it's giving us a HUGE message that sadly wasn't expounded on for many chapters in that wonderful book. In hindsight we can see that it was indicating a stillness of more than our bodies, but of the mouth and mind, too!

We, after getting the gist of true meditation of seeking silent stillness within, can meditate while doing housework, driving, art or any other physical activity. The purest form of meditation is not really even a recipe or doing things just one specific way.........it is so simple. It is to desire to notice every time we are "lost in thought." Because when we notice it even if a thousand or more times a day, at that moment we are IN THE PRESENT (and in the presence of God).

That's really all it is. God wants us in the receiving mode of stillness instead of yackety-yack in our heads.

I can remember when I was four? or five? and my mom was having an emotional tirade of the type she spiritually grew out of and the next forty or so years of her life she never "went-off" on us again. I was the youngest, and was standing in our livingroom in Austin as she sat on floor in front of a club chair. I dunno why but God gifts me this with details. She almost yelled and ranted as she pounded her fist in the chair. I was wordless, speechess within! I was feeling compassion for her, but not hurt, bothered, scared nor thinking about it but wordlessly. We all were wordless at some point before life's stresses hypnotized us to the endless chatter within.

Now, does this sound like we are to blank-out our minds? NO!! Was explained to me this way...

I can be in a boat going down the river or I can be standing beside the river and watching it pass by me.
It is possible to do this with thought, too. We can then accept or reject thoughts and ideas by choice.

Another way to say this. It can be raining outside and we can go to the window and do one of two things.
1. Say in our native language (in our mind) "it's raining" or some version of like "it's raining again" etc. etc.
or...
2. We go to the window, see the rain and have an intelligent awareness that it's raining, we have the THOUGHT and yet it's a wordless thought. (Does this sound familiar to you? is it resonating?)

Guess this is enough brainstorm for now. I hope it or some of it is valuable to you, resonating or even being a tiny light-bulb moment, perhaps.

Okay, I cannot resist....one more idea. LOL at self. Bible, among a ton of things says "The letter killeth but the spirit giveth life." What letter?? What's this translation saying?? could this have been translated a bit clearer and of course not blasphemed God. I think so.

That word "letter" was maybe saying "launguage" or "speech." (If not, then what WAS it saying??? what letter?? this is not clear, obviously)

Perhaps "language" or "speaking" kills because it was satan in the garden that talked......talked Eve into doubting God/what she had previously believed as true, into disobeying. It is with language that we make our arguments with others. Spirit is silent, I mean HIS Spirit is and His bible says "be still." It also says we will give account for every spoken word. ouch....my wordy self keeps in mind.

I've thrown a lot at ya.

I just don't want you to feel weighed-down by this "exercise" which is not meant to be used a billion times as precisely as it's taught. (dangme, I should listen to it again so I can recall just how detailed it is)

This is a de-hypnotizing mental exercise. Folks with PTSD have their trauma looping in their minds, tormenting them. We all have our negative memories doing this to us, or working to do it. There *is a way to distance ourselves from these thoughts and they slowly can and often do start being more rare, and some of them we do forget at least for long periods of time.....increasingly.

Hence, the fantastic, official Endorsements saying what they say.