Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My haircut that I thought was a "candid camera" punking experience....for a moment~
Well, here I was HOME in Texas at last, in fact in my sixth day. Went to get a hair TRIM. I wear my hair layered and above my shoulders, well-above in fact. Typical retired-soccer-mom look, I think.

There she was, this bouncy, great-spirited hair-stylist and so I sat down. She had a very broken accent, being am immigrant from Costa Rica. I had seen the lady she cut and colored before me. That gal's hair looked awesome.
I touched the back sides of my head, saying I wanted her to "cut a little" here and here. She said "a little here! and a little here! as she touched it. I of course thought everything was fine.

She cut in that area first and I couldn't see how short, then she went to town on the rest of my head and it was too late....I soon found myself saying "you better leave me my bangs and part!" it was that bad...both of my sisters were in the room and just stiffening up, as no one could do a thing to save my hair, LOL....one or two very short cuts and it had to be finished.
THEN....the unthinkable happened! Not exaggerating.......she had put something in my hair. I thought it was a dry-hair conditioner. but nope......

she started spiking my hair on top of my head and I was in shock....I said in as friendly of a stern voice as I could....cuz this gal was sweet-spirited....."Oh no! I don't wear my hair sticking out even on Halloween!!" and she quickly brushed it back down. There *I* am in shock, thinking I was being punked for some silly TV hidden cam show! Nope....I had just had the majority of my hair cut....felt like my head had been raped actually and yet the gal was innocent, mostly.

I was secretly mad, in shock and couldn't believe it, and yet figured yeah, if anything this nuts happened to anyone I know...it'd be ME. The gal said "no money" "you aren't happy" but I paid anyway and got out of there so I could cry a few PO'ed tears, I mean this was drastic and nuts! Did I ride in there on a Harley, wearing a leather jacket?? LOLLL nope....

It hit me that it was a language barrier thing and only now can I laugh a bit at it and thank God that the day I got it cut, Farmer's almanac said it was a good day to cut things for them to grow fast.
I had said "cut a little" here and there, and she cut it so that I HAD a "little" here and there!!

Now I tell ya, it was humbling after it was shocking and irritating to the max. Maybe...just maybe it happened to me instead of to someone else, sparing them, teaching the stylist to ask more questions AS she starts to cut and to humble me for some reason I didn't know I needed humbling. Oh, and to teach the beauty shop owner to not hire folks with a severe language barrier??

Seriously, I'm likely to RUN from a stylist with a strong accent if I have one offer to style my hair ever again. If that makes someone think me a racist, LOL I won't care. (seriously, I"ll handle such a situation kindly, if it occurs but I will NOT offer myself to be victimized like this again. Oh, and I'm taking biotin every 12hours, eating healthy oils and such, to encourage hair growth, LOL! fart)
OMG Nanny, I am so sorry!!! Been there, cried that song before!!! One thing to do with that darn Kindle you got - download pics of the appropriate style. Front, side, back, whatever.

Last summer I had my hair cut in an inverted bob. Nothing too drastic I thought, but it ended up with loooong points in the front, and short short in the back. I had hair in my FACE, and a BREEZE blowing in the back!! (I know, business in the front, party in the back, I deserve that reference!)

But the funny thing was, for whatever reason, must not have been as bad as I thought as I left the salon, as I got more compliments on that stupid haircut. Framed my face nicely I guess, and let my goose neck look more graceful!

It eventually grew out, and now it's a much softer version. Although here in Florida, it's already HOT AND HUMID, and I'm toying with the idea of going shorter again.

Gosh I'm glad you're back and posting!!!
Nanny - Wasn't sure if this was your dream or your reality I was reading. Ditto what GG said, OMG! Been there too and stretching your hair doesn't work. Just had to wear big earrings & face flattering tops to look more feminine.
Goldengirl, I'm glad to be back & sharing with you golden souls. You too, Julie.

Yeah, when hair is this short it shows that its already grown a tad, and hey, I live for experimenting and this is a biotin experiment for sure. Sister's stylist swears by the stuff, having had clients that used it and she saw the results.

Julie, oh man do I wish this was just a nightmare, heh heh.

So, neither of you suggest the leather jacket and at least a moped? LOL! Hey, I'm the old rocker from long ago, so I think I could pull it off for a month.
If you do put on a leather jacket and jack-up your hair, please please post a picture here. Tongue
What a way to feel "welcomed back" home. SO very sorry about your hair cut. While it will grow, it sure upsetting NOW.
Nanny, Can I ride too? I've got some tattoos to match your spikey 'do!
Julie, LOL that would be a trip! Nah, I don't post current pics anywhere online after having been a successful political activist in this realm for more than a decade but I won't be taking a pic like that either.

Twiceblessed, it sure is but already am feeling carefree about it. She did at least leave it a bit longer on the top and upper-sides than she did "here and here" in the back that started it all.

Goldengirl, we sure will work as a team, heck yeah chick. Maybe I can pull you into my 'ole realm of the political activism, you using your gifts and me, mine. Heck I think all of us on this thread would be a very cool team in so many ways. We sure are here.
And I prefer my hair short so I don't have to mess with it. Wash and go, that's me. Sometimes I get lazy and let it grow out. Then it's up in ponytails to keep it out of my face until I get sick of it and get it all chopped off.

Worst haircut I ever got was way back when we lived in Seattle, the local beauty college was looking victims volunteers for their students. We were starving students and I needed a haircut so I signed up because I also wanted to try a perm. Nothing spectacular, just more waves in my hair.

I did not get waves. I got a 'fro. No kidding. I was horrified. It looked like my head exploded. They assured me that the "waves" would fall out in a few days, to give it a chance. Not like I had a choice or anything, and I couldn't even threaten to not pay since the whole thing was free, so I went home. #1 son was an infant at the time and he didn't want anything to do with this strange poof-headed woman who was caring with him. The hubster just blinked, stunned into speechlessness, when he saw me. No way he couldn't notice the change.

A week later, while I was still waiting for the "waves" to relax, #1 son and I flew to visit my family. It was a surprise in more ways than one. My own mother didn't recognize me. When she realized the chrysanthemum-haired person was her daughter, she blurted out "What the hell happened to your hair?" Given that my mother seldom swore(unlike me) I knew she was beyond shocked. Big Grin

Eventually the "waves" fell out because the perm damaged my hair so much that it started breaking. We scraped together enough money for me to go to a regular salon and I had it all cut off. I finally looked like myself again. Never went back to the beauty school. Tried a home perm, which completely destroyed my hair to the point I damned near had to get my head shaved. So no more perms, either. LOL

I dunno, Nanny. I think you ought to go for the different look, complete with the leather jacket and bike. Go wild for a while. Be all badass.*cue Steppenwolf's "Born to be Wild" here*

I had spiky hair for a short while but it required using hair snot, which then required frequent shampoos and I'm basically lazy so it was too much work. Bye-bye spikes. Big Grin
OMG - I once had a bad perm as well, turned my head into a short fuzzy kinky pyramid. My best friend gave me the perm, (we were in college at the time), and I kept thinking that she was winding the rollers way too tight. But alcohol can either make you more vocal, or like me, just go with the flow. Bad idea, since it was right before my mother had scheduled us, as a family, to get our photo taken for the church directory. (See what I mean by TPTB having an awesomely funny sense of humor?) My mother was LIVID. She got over it, and now that bad 'do is memorialized for all time. Eventually when it grew out it was a lot longer and it had some nice waves. But what a hoot - I haven't thought about that in years! LMAO
DLP well I sure could. Dillards has awesome sales right now on the fall/winter lines and I've seen some very cool stuff still on the racks just days ago. With my personality afraid I could easily pull it off. But, I dig being a typical Veteran's wife but hey, I am indeed an NRA lifer....heh heh and could pull the bike part off. Only rode once for a few hours on a hog, did 90MPH on Devil's backbone road near Canyon lake and had a blast. Nah, I'm having fun wearing my pretty new stuff.

YOU, on man on the cosmetology school! Better than having a bummer at the dental school, well in ways. LOL your poor baby.

Oh, STEPPENWOLF's Born to be Wild. You do know I gotta hear the youtube now, dontcha. What a cool memory, gal.

GG, LOL noooo! not the portrait for the church!! LOL........on the upside, you sure were humbled for communion. Big Grin
And it kept the boys away for a while too! Yeah, God was laughing hard.
Hahaha hadn't thought of that angle. You know He has a huge sense of humor, yes!
I've been thinking about getting my hair tinted a sort of mother-of-pearl color. Just for something different. But I'm not excited about the thought of chemicals on my head.
Was at a new salon recently where someone had their hair colored that way and it was beautiful. If you have strong hair you can always color over if you don't like it.

(03-30-2016, 12:02 AM)DLP Wrote: I've been thinking about getting my hair tinted a sort of mother-of-pearl color. Just for something different. But I'm not excited about the thought of chemicals on my head.
Mother-Of-Pearl sure does sound awesome. But yeah, I avoid chemicals every time I can, also.