Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Class Distress
It's the beginning of a new school year and apparently I've agreed—signed papers to an agreement in fact—to distribute class materials, reading lists and such, to my classmates at least 3 days prior to the start of class. I discover this, of course, right at the 3 day mark, and frantically attempt to get my hands on said materials to distribute and the addresses of students to whom they are to go.
I think my sister J, briefly, is trying to help in this endeavour. We go to a row of attractive, new rowhouses and find one and knock. People are gathered there for the class. Another of my sisters is there only I don't notice right away, and when I do I am so surprised I gasp, and give her a big smile and go to embrace her. She does not allow me to embrace her and rebuffs me without returning my smile. She makes it clear she is here for the purpose of the class, not to see me. She is an assistant teacher or something. I give out what information I have.
Earlier I am in a school, there is a feeling of newness here: new building, new space, beginning of the year, class is meeting in a new space. The students are about ten years old. The teacher is a large, burly man with a refined air about him and a coy sense of humor but a good carring attitude toward the students nevertheless. He is talking about things on a couple of different levels. To the students he is relaying the day's lesson, and for me he is getting at something about one student in particular about how this student is like someone from history, perhaps the time period he is teaching the students about. I think it may be a connection to Nazi Germany (but this is not a villianization of the childe, that is merely the time period in question and he is loosely associated with. It is as if he is a bodyguard or valet to someone more "important" to the time, and in that life he did something, some small act, that actually turned out to be important in some way, and in this life he carries with him physical and emotional traits that are reminiscent of that act. I glimpse what the teacher is alluding to in the student as well. I tell the teacher that, and he says, "No! That is not the student to whom I was referring!" The one he did mean does not spark any kind of recognition or insight in me at all, while clearly there is some kind of carryover going on with the first one.