Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nuclear Furnace
Last night I had a dream that I was in the basement of a house with my partner and a dog and a young child. I had a part that needed to be replaced on the furnace in my hand. The furnace needed it to work and it was getting cold in the house. My concern as I looked at the part was that it had the nuclear symbol on it, and tiny print that made it hard for me to read but I could pick out something about don't break the capsule. I said something to my partner like, "I think we need to have repair person do this" and he said nothing so I found the old part and took it out, but in doing so I broke the capsule. I put the new one in, picked up the broken parts and read something on it like dangerous radiation poisoning do not break capsule. I threw out the part in a waste basket down there, wiped off my hands and we went outside. I had a really bad feeling about what happened with the part.

Then a previous neighbour I had who is also a long time good friend came up to us; we were outside on the lawn a distance from the house (the lawn actually looked large enough to be on a farm there were no other houses in sight, only grass). We were chatting I told her about the part I replaced on the furnace, and she said to me that it would have been better if I had a repair person do that, if you break the capsule you'll die of radiation poisoning; she told me I would have to have the house checked for radiation levels if that happened.

I told her goodbye with a sinking feeling that it really was goodbye. Then l looked at the little child that was running with the dog and thought, they're small and I've killed them, they'll be the first to go. I didn't know whether it would be better to say anything to my partner or not so I said that I think we need to get somebody to check the radiation before we go back inside.

Then I woke up.

Not a nightmare but pretty unpleasant.
Yes, I would think dreaming about anything nuclear like that would be quite unsettling.
What have you got going on in real life that feels "radioactive" to you?

Not that you have to answer. Big Grin

I was just struck by the metaphor aspect of handling something radioactive and breaking it.
(03-15-2016, 06:09 PM)DLP Wrote: What have you got going on in real life that feels "radioactive" to you?

Not that you have to answer.  Big Grin

I was just struck by the metaphor aspect of handling something radioactive and breaking it.

Hmmm....a few things that could possibly.