Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On vacation
10 Nov 2015

No intention set

Spouse and I were camping somewhere with hills and lots of trees. Nice place. Big campsites, big enough for an RV or camping trailer. Had full hookups but we were tent camping. I liked the area so much I decided I would bring my trailer and rent a site for a while. There were other people there, all in RVs, and everyone was friendly. Even the weather was perfect. Not too hot, not too cold, just right, sunny and clear with enough of a breeze to be comfortable.

I spied a couple of stray cats slipping around the brush and bushes. Commented about the cats to one of the other park visitors. She told me not to worry about it, they would tell the rangers, who would capture the cats and take them to a rescue group. Sure enough, later I saw one of the park rangers carrying a cage with a gray tiger-striped cat inside. The ranger told me he was taking the cat to a local rescue group where it would be checked out by a vet, cleaned up, and possibly put up for adoption, if it wasn't too feral. I thought that was a fine idea and thanked him for helping out with the cat.

Went looking for the spouse and he was deep in a game of penny ante poker with a bunch of the other campers. It looked like he was having a blast so I left him to it. Some of the ladies were working on a quilt and invited me to join them so I did. They asked if I was planning to stay and I said yes, I liked it here, but I would go home first and get my trailer because I wasn't that fond of tent camping.

Seriously, this was the most laidback dream I've had in a long, long time. It was like a vacation dream, just something enjoyable without any drama or darkness. If I could find a campground like that, which would let me stay indefinitely, I would be there. Big Grin
Sounds like a very nice vacation dream! Smile
Its funny, I went looking for land today to build an off grid house and I live in the black hills of south Dakota.
And I found a piece of land that it in a gorgous canyon I did not know about or been there before.
Its divided into two parcels and is about 5 acres and was thinking of renting out mini cabins on the smaller piece.

It sound like camping in the black hills, the property is just down the road from evans plunge hot springs.. and the mammoth site is in the same town and angestora lake is close by. So it would be nice place to be when on vacation and we can have a weekend house there. I am hoping this piece works out, I had such a good feeling when I was on this land and still do. you are describing what I want to create.

Although I don't think I would take a cat and cage it unless there was a problem.
I think the cats represented something/someone else, given their prominence in the dream. Not really thinking about the deeper meanings/metaphors. I was too busy enjoying the vacation. Big Grin

(11-15-2015, 01:33 AM)Rene1111 Wrote: Its funny, I went looking for land today to build an off grid house and I live in the black hills of south Dakota.
And I found a piece of land that it in a gorgous canyon I did not know about or been there before.
Its divided into two parcels and is about 5 acres and was thinking of renting out mini cabins on the smaller piece.

It sound like camping in the black hills, the property is just down the road from evans plunge hot springs.. and the mammoth site is in the same town and angestora lake is close by. So it would be nice place to be when on vacation and we can have a weekend house there. I am hoping this piece works out, I had such a good feeling when I was on this land and still do. you are describing what I want to create.

Although I don't think I would take a cat and cage it unless there was a problem.

If that's where you feel called to go, I suggest taking some time to sit with the land. Introduce yourself to the land guardians and spirits. Explain what you'd like to do. Then listen and see what you get.
(11-15-2015, 02:58 AM)DLP Wrote: I think the cats represented something/someone else, given their prominence in the dream. Not really thinking about the deeper meanings/metaphors. I was too busy enjoying the vacation.  Big Grin

(11-15-2015, 01:33 AM)Rene1111 Wrote: Its funny, I went looking for land today to build an off grid house and I live in the black hills of south Dakota.

If that's where you feel called to go, I suggest taking some time to sit with the land. Introduce yourself to the land guardians and spirits. Explain what you'd like to do. Then listen and see what you get.

yes I do agree and I plan on going out to find the property pins and see what feeling I get. I had already thought of just sitting in the middle and meditating and trying to talk to the trees and rocks and spirits. I did not expect to find a piece of property right away and this was not the direction I was thinking but I had such a rush of energy after seeing it.

The funny thing was there was one i thought would be better and did not get ahold of them to look at it so i thought i would just take a look but i found much more than i was expecting. I got the feeling I could do spiritual retreats on it... there is a hot spring near by and the water features  and canyon walls are all around this property. I want to keep things as natural as can be. there are a few other places I want to look at but I will be comparing them to this one and I don't think I am going to get the same feeling.

The old rancher said he was going to build his friend a log cabin on it and his friend passed away so that is why it is available.
I want to build an off grid house. it does have electricity but it would more be a back up and just for the building process. He said to feel free to come look at it on my own so that to make sure it will work for me. His name was Charlie, same as my dad.

Its funny the coincidences that happen in life. Your dream captured the feeling I had that day!