Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Band of embers
I don't have a date on this dream, it was some months back but it is one of those things that just won't leave me alone, I remember it at least a few times a week for some reason. I decided to finally share it here after reading the sky flash topic. I didn't really know how to catagorize this one. It wasn't a long dream but it was highly emotionally charged.
The dream took place here at home in upstate NY, not far from the Cooperstown area. I was indoors, in bed, not quite sleeping when the room lit up in a flash like lightening, only it wasn't a blue light. It was a warmer shade of light and I "felt" the flash like a soft percussion but i don't recall any sound with it. I got up but didn't feel any urgency. I went to the kitchen and made a pot of tea and took my mug with me to the door. I glanced out the window and felt puzzled... the "green" of the forest was gone. I stepped out into the yard and looked around and was bewildered at "how could that happen" as there was a band as far as the eye could see in every direction of burned matter.... about four feet from the ground, the band was about three feet wide. The band was red hot embers, ash and coaled. It was across all the tree trunks and everything else I could see, like somone had used a paint roller to run a stripe of glowing, sparkling deep burn across the entire landscape at a specific level. Tendrils of smoke were rising from the burned bands. I felt a sense of mourning more than fear. I knew it was from "the ships" as in space ships but I was puzzled as to what the point was. I was afraid people wouldn't understand and would react in a hostile manner. I was worried that they would panic and not see what was supposed to be accomplished.... but I didn't understand what this ring of fire was supposed to accomplish, either. There were a lot of thoughts and emotions. The general feel wasn't "doom" as much as hopeful.