Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dirt road
8 April 2018

I'm walking along a dirt road that's wide enough for at least one vehicle to travel. The road is out in the country somewhere. Grasses, wildflowers, nice breeze, clear sky. Nice day for a hike. I have no destination in mind and really don't know why I'm on this particular road.

Suddenly, the views on both sides of the road shift. Morph. On the left side, a dark cityscape. No lights but I can see the buildings. Ruins of buildings. Like a war zone. See flashes of light. Blasts of some sort. Then I hear the sounds of gunfire. Rapidfire. People screaming. Smoky haze in the sky. On the right side, clear blue sky and farmlands. Corn, wheat, cattle grazing, and people working. I hear faint laughter, dogs barking, cowbells clanging. It's all very bucolic.

I know what I'm seeing, I've seen this before. One world becomes two. Choices have been made.

I keep walking. I have work to do.

About 5-6 years ago, I had a vision during a meditation where I was taken to the roof of a tall building. One of my guides was there and he showed me the war zone cityscape on one side of the building and the farmland on the opposite side. I asked what I was seeing because I didn't understand. He said, Choices will be made. Continue on or return to the old ways. I asked why I was being shown this and he said, You will travel between the worlds.

That time, I saw from above, at a distance. This time, I was at ground level with both. Whatever's coming is here. It's time. Choices will be made.
Gave me big Spirit Chills!
So, is continuing on about continued war? Is the farm way the old way? Cuz it seams war is old too.
I'm reminded of that old saying about the definition of insanity being doing the same thing over and over but expecting a different result. Santayana claimed that those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. I'm cynical enough to key in on the word "doomed" because that's the result of the choices we've made and continue to make.

We(using the collective "we," not referring to a specific person) choose the paths we want to follow. So far, we have chosen poorly, to paraphrase the Templar in the 3rd Indiana Jones movie. If we're going to pull this out, we have to make different choices.

But we better start making those different choices quickly, before our future timeline is irrevocable.
Yes, that makes sense.
(04-10-2018, 04:51 PM)ThePaladin Wrote: I'm reminded of that old saying about the definition of insanity being doing the same thing over and over but expecting a different result. Santayana claimed that those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. I'm cynical enough to key in on the word "doomed" because that's the result of the choices we've made and continue to make.

We(using the collective "we," not referring to a specific person) choose the paths we want to follow. So far, we have chosen poorly, to paraphrase the Templar in the 3rd Indiana Jones movie. If we're going to pull this out, we have to make different choices.

But we better start making those different choices quickly, before our future timeline is irrevocable.
I have been influenced by the book, Robes, by the seer and author Penny Kelly. In this book, she describes the big cities gone in the future, with people living in family-like groups in rural areas, close to the land. BUT, it is not 19th century-style struggling on farms - these rural communities have advanced technology linking them globally, advanced energy solutions, and healing rooms that use vibrations. So it seems possible to live rurally with 21st century technology, and actually seems much, much healthier. It is a choice, and needs to be prepared for.
That reminds me of the book Daemon by Daniel Suarez. Very different plot line but as the book, and the sequel, progress, people playing "the game" learn to work together and, using technology, actually go back to the land.

https://www.amazon.com/Daemon-Daniel-Sua...iel+suarez

But what occurs to me as I read Maat's post and thought about the Suarez book is the idea that the people learn to work together to survive, to live well. They learn that the success of one is the success of all. If I had to say there's one lesson that needs to be learned is that we are not separate from one another, nor are we separate from the land and all that reside there. Until we understand that we're-and by that I mean all of creation-all in this together, not separate and not one above another, then we WILL fall.
And as I read your comment, I am reminded of a band. The better the individual gets, the more improved the band becomes. This assumes they all continue to work together as a whole for a common goal. It applies to a concert band or a marching band.
(04-13-2018, 11:28 PM)ThePaladin Wrote: That reminds me of the book Daemon by Daniel Suarez. Very different plot line but as the book, and the sequel, progress, people playing "the game" learn to work together and, using technology, actually go back to the land.

https://www.amazon.com/Daemon-Daniel-Sua...iel+suarez

But what occurs to me as I read Maat's post and thought about the Suarez book is the idea that the people learn to work together to survive, to live well. They learn that the success of one is the success of all. If I had to say there's one lesson that needs to be learned is that we are not separate from one another, nor are we separate from the land and all that reside there. Until we understand that we're-and by that I mean all of creation-all in this together, not separate and not one above another, then we WILL fall.
^^^^HS band member

Excellent comparison. Everyone has to move together and the instruments have to be in tune for the performance to be successful. No one person is more important than any other, and that includes the drum major.
Exactly!!
(04-14-2018, 12:14 AM)ThePaladin Wrote: ^^^^HS band member

Excellent comparison. Everyone has to move together and the instruments have to be in tune for the performance to be successful. No one person is more important than any other, and that includes the drum major.