Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shared Dreaming
A while back I saw a post from someone about sharing a dream with their grand baby. I should have posted then, but was unable to because of work. I did try to find the thread,but was unable to recall who wrote it. I apologize for that.

I just wanted to share my experiences/thoughts about shared dreaming.

When I lived at home, my youngest sister and I shared a room/bed. We discovered about a week after we began sharing a bed that we would usually have the same dreams. So, we began experimenting. Each night one of us would make a suggestion about what we should dream about it. The next morning, we would write our dreams down and exchange them. They were always identical. We still do it to this day whenever we get together.

At first I thought it was just a special bond that her and I shared, but then I met Connie. She was my roommate, part Native American & extremely spirtual. Her and i had an immediate spirtual connection, we were spirit sisters. And we were able to share in each other's dream journeys. It was very cool.

Well several years later, after returning from the Middle East, my then 4 yr old son, who I had not seen in several months, wanted to sleep with me. I thought nothing of it at the time, threw back the covers, he climbed in bed, we cuddled up together & went to sleep. The next morning over breakfast, he told me that he had a horrible nightmare. When I asked him to describe it to me, I was horrified. It was my dream he had shared and it was about the things that I experienced over in the Middle East. No child should ever have a dream like that.

I got in touch with Connie again, and over the next several months she helped me to learn to control/block dreams I did not want to share with others, especially the nightmares.

My son, who is now grown, and I still share dreams, but not my nightmares. And we only do so when we are in close proximity to each other, like sharing a tent or a hotel room.

I do believe that people can share dreams, but I think there has to be a bond there, either blood or spiritual. Just my thoughts. Smile
Wow. What an absolutely amazing ability. I've had dreams about others in real time but never shared a dream. I know it must've been difficult when you shared your nightmares but I think this is a special talent. This thread belongs in the Exceptional Human Experiences section. Thank you so much for sharing. I hope there are more of us who have done this so we can explore the method.
I have no memory of anyone dreaming my dreams. I do my only siblings, two sisters shared a dream back in the eighties? Both dreamed the same week, living many miles apart that one of the sisters was given custody of her ex-hubby's new child.
Sure enough a decade or so ago though nothing that drastic happened, the young girl sat in this sister's lap and asked if she could live with her and her new hubby!

But this dream-sharing, wow it's mostly new to me. Guess it's not as rare as I would have suspected.