Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smoke and Mirrors
This is the dream I had waking up this morning:

I'm watching the news. There's a hand holding a cigarette over a black ashtray, smoke swirling up and the shot pans out to Peter Jennings. It cuts to another black ashtray and somebody trying to light a cigarette and it catches then there's smoke swirling up and we see Peter Mansbridge laughing and saying "I'm going to get in trouble for this probably." Then he explains this is an introduction for a piece on special effects.

Then it cuts to a woman's voice talking about a dry river bed and horses and then you see three brown horses walking down this riverbed; a foamy water comes pouring down and the horses wind up with water up to the middle of their chests so the second horse wraps its front legs around the first horse's chest and third horse does the same to the second. But the foamy water keeps rising so the next thing you see is the three horses with one standing on top of the other and the third on top of that, with the water up to the middle of the neck of the first horse. The woman's voice over says: "Without special effects, movies would be pretty boring, wouldn't they?"

Then the next news piece was saying that because of the shooting at the Trump rally, the Republican party is asking for a six month to one year extension to the Presidential election to give them time to regroup.

Then I woke up.

Writing the dream out I realized that the main theme is that it's all just smoke and mirrors (special effects). I did also want to put this out there because I have on occasion had dreams that have come true; I hope that security around Trump is very strong - I'm not fond of the guy but I certainly don't wish that on him.

I'm Canadian so I'm just watching the election stuff with curiousity. I should also note that Peter Mansbridge is one of our famous news anchors.
I find this entire dream fascinating. The fact that it began with Jennings, who had been a former smoker until 9-11 when he started again and then died from lung cancer is so interesting. The horses in the water, the shooting at a Tump rally…Both newscasters named Peter. There is much here in your dream. I do not wish any of our candidates harm either but I do think the law of attraction is at work here, among other things.
(03-13-2016, 10:21 PM)twiceblessed9 Wrote: I find this entire dream fascinating.  The fact that it began with Jennings, who had been a former smoker until 9-11 when he started again and then died from lung cancer is so interesting.  The horses in the water, the shooting at a Tump rally…Both newscasters named Peter.  There is much here in your dream.  I do not wish any of our candidates harm either but I do think the law of attraction is at work here, among other things.

There's the smoke and mirrors, the sleight of hand misdirection that keeps attention occupied on one thing while the magician/illusionist does something else. What isn't realized is all the planning and arranging that goes into such illusions and tricks to pull them off successfully.

I'm also reminded of the saying "where there's smoke, there's fire." The best way to tell a believable lie is to thread some truth through the lie. Perhaps everything is illusion but there's enough reality threaded in there to have people believing that what they see and experience is real. Remember the old commercial "Is it real or is it Memorex?" Is what we're presented with real or is it lies embroidered with truths?

I didn't know Jennings had been a former smoker who took up the habit again but it's an interesting metaphor representing people returning to old, comfortable habits that have the potential to kill.

The horses in the water, each standing on the back of another to "keep their heads above water"-a term pertaining to financial survival-but the horse on the bottom had the biggest struggle while trying to carry the other two. Another metaphor representing how the average citizen struggles to "stay afloat" while not realizing they're carrying others. The woman's comment about special effects indicates that the situation is not what it seems, not what others are led to believe it is, that it's all for show and manipulation.

And while we may not wish any harm to any candidate, there are many others out there who do, if what I read on various news' sites is any indication. We create morphic fields, attracting that on which we focus. The question is, does our desire for peace cancel out the desire for chaos?

I agree, TB9, there's a lot going on in this dream.